Join us LIVE with Christina Dorner of CDornerFitness, who live streams daily virtual workout classes on her YouTube channel!
- This event has passed.
Speedify LIVE Office Hours: Q&A with our Developers
October 26 @ 2:00 pm - 2:30 pm EDT
Helping the Community Worldwide Get Better Connectivity
On the 144th episode of Speedify LIVE we hold our weekly Office Hours to chat about all things Speedify, and we spice things up by welcoming one of our QA testers onto the stream as well!
We take viewer questions, discuss what’s coming in Speedify 12.6, how Speedify increases your connection speeds, and demonstrate how our QA testing works.
Here are our 5 takeaways from our Office Hours:
- Speedify 12.6 is right around the corner, and we have a bunch of improvements planned for the update! We’re improving how the in-app connection naming works, making tweaks to Android 13 support, and adding better logic to the button that lets you try another server after disconnecting. And of course, there’s a number of under-the-hood fixes too.
- We are still providing 20GB free data per month to users in Iran, but it looks like the cat and mouse game has begun! The government of Iran has introduced additional VPN filtering, so our team is investigating possible solutions so we could help people stay connected.
- Speedify is proud to have sponsored the Cannonball for the Cure charity livestream event hosted by UFD Tech! They used Speedify in 2021 without our knowledge, but this year we sponsored them and donated to the cause of curing SYNGAP1. On the stream, they used Speedify, bonding a Starlink connection with three other mobile connections, and Speedify saved their stream thousands of times!
- There’s a number of different things Speedify does to increase your connection speeds: different kinds of error correction tactics are employed to recover packets and combat buffer bloat, and optimize your connection. With Auto-transport multiple sockets are used at the same time, while we also use header compression and don’t compress the entire packet if not needed, speeding your connection up by 5-10%.
- When it comes to Starlink and what Priority setting you should use, we recommend setting it as Primary, so it would be used all the time, and setting your other connection(s) to Secondary. This way, in case the Starlink drops, slows down or drops packets, the Secondary connection will kick in and help keep you online.
Speedify allows you to use multiple internet connections to either get more speed by combining the connections or to get more reliability from those connections. It allows you to switch between the connections if one of them fails while keeping everything [online].