Join us LIVE with IRL Streamer and anatomy and physiology, genetics, microbiology, and immunology professor DrWD40, who uses bonding technology to livestream wildlife outdoors!
- This event has passed.
Speedify LIVE Office Hours: Q&A with the Developers
May 11 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm EDT
Live Support from Speedify Engineers
On the 82nd episode of Speedify LIVE we're back in the office with another stream with one of our lead developers to discuss all things streaming and Speedify.
We talk about the new features coming in Speedify 12.1, how Speedify can help with IRL streams and show off how Speedify can save your stream, like it did ours!
Here are our 5 takeaways from our Office Hours episode:
- When it comes to IRL streaming, combining your connections in Speedify doesn't only give you a speed boost, but extra reliability as well! You can either run Speedify on an Android or iOS phone and combine the phone's cellular data with a Wifi connection, or you could set it up on a Raspberry Pi with a battery pack and combine multiple connections that way.
- Speedify 12.1 is coming soon, with a bunch of bug fixes and some interesting new features! We're adding a per-app Bypass feature to our Android app, which will allow you to select any of your installed apps to be Bypassed by Speedify, meaning that their traffic would go around the VPN instead of through it.
- In terms of added battery usage, Speedify increases usage by less than 3%! Typically it will draw very little extra power, except in scenarios when you're actively using your device's wifi and cellular radio at the same time, especially when you're sending a lot of traffic.
- If you're running into any issues with Speedify, there's an easy way to report it, and send our team logs! Head into the Settings menu of the app, scroll all the way down until you see Generate Logs. On computers, a .Zip file will be generated on your desktop by default; while on mobile devices the .Zip will automatically be attached to an email addressed to [email protected] so you can send it to us for review.
- Speedify has saved our stream once again! Our ethernet connection was going in and out a lot, which would have caused us a lot of loss, if not for Speedify combining two other cellular connections during our stream. This helped us stay online and continue our stream.
If you're dropping in and out of one cell signal, the other one can help compensate. Speedify helps to combine those multiple connections either to give you more speed or just to have the reliability as you're switching in and out, moving around.