Join us LIVE with Christina Dorner of CDornerFitness, who live streams daily virtual workout classes on her YouTube channel!
- This event has passed.
Speedify LIVE Office Hours: Q&A with the Developers
October 5 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm EDT
How We Support People in Iran with Enhanced Connectivity
On the 136th episode of Speedify LIVE we hold our weekly Office Hours with Speedify lead developer Brian Prodoehl to talk about all things Speedify.
We take viewer questions, discuss the difference between hardware and software bonding solutions, and even make a big announcement that will affect thousands of Speedify users!
Here are our 5 takeaways from our Office Hours:
- After weeks of outpouring messages and working hard on how we can help, Speedify is doing what we can to help the people of Iran! Our users in Iran will receive 20GB of free data usage for the next two months (starting October 5, 2022) to help them stay connected!
- The Speedify app shows a live graph displaying usage, loss, latency and bypass data! Usage is the speed right now, displaying color-coded bars matching each of your connection, with the green bar on top being the actual amount of application traffic that is going through.
- If you want to combine more than 2 connections you may need additional equipment! On Windows, Mac or Linux you can get USB Wi-Fi adapters or USB hubs to connect to more (though Apple can be a bit limited with what they support); while mobile devices are a bit more complicated, but you may be able to set things up to add USB or Ethernet connections, like we did.
- Speedify is a VPN, so your privacy matters to us! This is why we don’t see anything that you do online, any of the apps you use, your IP or Mac address. The app itself does see what app you stream through, for example, but it does not send that info back to us, and it is not included in our logs either!
- When it comes to setting up new servers and locations, there’s a few things that play a part in decision making: user requests and where our users are from; but most importantly we need to find good, trusted data centers that offer servers that perform well enough for our users. And of course, we also test each server thoroughly before making them public.
We’re big believers, we are here to keep people connected. That's what Speedify does. That is the mission.