Well-known for his live food reviews and comedy content, Twitch variety streamer Navious will be joining us for a fun one-on-one discussion about his life and livestreaming experience.
- This event has passed.
Speedify LIVE Office Hours: Q&A with the Developers
March 2 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 2:00 pm on Wednesday, repeating indefinitely
How to Control Speedify through the Command Line Interface
On the 56th episode of Speedify Live we are once again joined by one of our developers for a Q&A session and live demo of some of Speedify’s features.
We are joined by Kevin to take a closer look at the Speedify CLI (Command Line Interface) and all the things it can do.
Here are our 5 takeaways from our Speedify Office Hours:
- The Speedify CLI lets you do everything that the user interface does, and more! Using commands in the terminal, you can check the Speedify version you have, what state Speedofu is in (connected or disconnected), you can control adapter priorities, show all your adapters, all servers and a long list of stats, among other things.
- The documentation for using the CLI can not only be found on Speedify’s support pages, but in the installation folder of your Speedify app! You’ll find a PDF file called SpeedifyCLI, which is made by scripts using the output of Speedify usage, building the documentation on it, making sure that it’s always up to date!
- If you want to check the details of your connections, look up Stats in the CLI. You can look at Session stats – what were your max speeds, how many times Speedify saved a stream, etc.; Connection stats – current connection’s details, transport it’s using, estimated speed, etc.; and Streaming stats – latency, loss, memory usage, CPU usage, etc.
- The show command allows you to check for a number of things in the CLI: Servers, showing you all available servers; Settings, showing you what bonding mode you’re on; Adapters, showing you what adapters you have in what states, and so on.
- Speedify allows you to set Daily or Monthly limits for your connections both in the UI and the CLI! This can help in case your connections are limited in data, or expensive, so Speedify can help avoid any additional charges with your provider.
Even if you’re not in redundant mode, we are tracking what packets get through..If we notice they’re lost and didn’t get through, we’ll try and retransmit them. We’ll definitely try and recover errors and missing packets.