Join us LIVE for a demo of our new Pair & Share feature and Q&A with Speedify developers - plus updates about what's new in Speedify, trivia, tips, and tech support!
- This event has passed.
Speedify LIVE: 2021 Wrap-up
December 30, 2021 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm EST
2021 Year in Review for Speedify Live
In the 41st episode of Speedify Live, which is also the final episode of the year, we look back at 2021 to discuss the best and worst of our livestreaming experiences so far.
We are joined by Speedify’s own Cristian and Ryan to take a look at how our equipment has changed over time, our biggest fails and Streamergencies, and discuss personal favorites from our 40 streams thus far.
Here are our 5 takeaways from our livestream wrapping up 2021:
- We started Speedify Live using a laptop’s webcam and built-in microphone, but by the end of the year, we’ve upgraded both our studio and IRL streaming setups: better lighting, in-studio and portable microphones, a camera stabilizer, as well as a backup battery pack, just in case. We’ve also tested multiple platforms like Ecamm, Streamyard and Restream.
- We experienced quite a few Streamergencies ourselves, however most of them had to do with things other than a broken connection: our battery died on an IRL stream, had microphone issues, got constant notifications when we forgot to turn them off, and our computer overloaded due to an app. Thankfully, all of these served as valuable lessons for the future.
- Probably one of the biggest success stories we’ve heard on Speedify Live, is Doc Rock holding an Ecamm conference, attended by thousands of people, with Speedify successfully saving his stream after his main connection failed. He didn’t even notice he was having a Streamergency, thanks to Speedify!
- Livestreaming has helped pretty much everyone stay connected during these strange times. One of the best examples of this was provided by beer expert, Doug Piper, who shared his thoughts on the importance of staying connected over a good beer, even in the virtual space.
- A piece of advice: anything that can go wrong, will go wrong, so it’s always good to have a backup. Whether that’s a backup power bank or your own Ryan behind the scenes who can jump on stream in case of emergency, always be prepared!
Up Next on Speedify LIVE
ABOUT THE SHOW
Tune in and chat with us live on:
Speedify is the only app that combines your wifi, cellular, wired, and even your friend’s phone signals – into one ultra-fast and super secure link that keeps you all connected for the best possible live streaming, video calling, or just posting to your favorite app.
Subscribe to Speedify on YouTube
Get news, success stories, and our weekly livestreaming show Speedify LIVE! Tune in to chat and ask questions or to yell at us if that makes you happy. We're from Philly, we can take it.