Join us LIVE for a demo of our new Pair & Share feature and Q&A with Alex and the Speedify Engineers - plus updates about what's new in Speedify, trivia, tips, and tech support!
- This event has passed.
Speedify LIVE: How a Chess Coach Teaches THOUSANDS
February 15, 2022 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm EST
On the 51st episode of Speedify Live we take a look at the world of Chess with professional chess coach and Twitch partner, JapaneseTutor.
We talk about JT’s time living in Japan and how he became a chess teacher, discuss some of the more famous people he’s taught chess to, and receive some good advice on how you can become good at chess or anything else.
Here are our 5 takeaways from our stream with JapaneseTutor:
- Being a Twitch Partner, JapaneseTutor streams exclusively to Twitch, using OBS studio for its ease of use, along with Nvidia Broadcaster which helps make his Logitech C920X camera appear a lot better in quality. He also uploads his streams to YouTube.
- We’re told that there are a couple key things you can do in order to get better at chess: you can do chess puzzles on a daily basis, and if you really want to study the game, you should study endgames, as they are pivotal to chess.
- When it comes to sponsors, JT says they generally find you, but says there’s also a couple ways to go about finding them yourself: you can check Stream Elements or even reach out to your favorite companies, looking to collaborate with them. It might just work out!
- JT tells us that Chess.com is the platform to go to if you’re looking for all kinds of chess-related opportunities! They have a lot of resources for chess education, tactics-wise lessons, they have a Streamer program that JT is a part of, and they do a lot of events, like having their players take part of Twitch Rivals.
- Like any streamer, JapaneseTutor has experienced a number of Streamergencies with his connection being unstable, going in and out, which is always frustrating. Luckily, now he has Speedify, so doesn’t have to worry about losing his stream. He can just jump on Speedify, combine his connections and make sure he stays online even if his main connection should drop.
I think that that's the biggest thing that I would love and get across to people that anybody can be successful in whatever you want to do. You just have to put in the work. If you build it, they will come.