ADSL and 4G Bonding – No Need for Dedicated Router
Need a faster ADSL connection? Don’t have access to any other form of broadband Internet that is faster (cable, fiber)? Then we recommend using your mobile phone’s 4G LTE cellular data connection together with your existing ADSL. This will get you a faster and more secure Internet connection when you need it.
Read below our easy step-by-step guide to combine an ADSL Internet connection with a 4G LTE cellular connection on your Windows PC or Mac computer. We are using Speedify, a bonding VPN that can combine two or more connections together.
Combining ADSL and 4G LTE for Speed, Stability and Security.
Living in remote areas “in the middle of nowhere”, as some might say? Or, sadly enough, don’t you have other alternatives to your ADSL Internet connection where you’re located? You can still make the best of it and use your phone’s Internet link together with your existing ADSL line. It’s very easy to combine them with our Speedify software app.
- A subscription of Speedify bonding VPN. Speedify can be used on both Windows and macOS computers, as well as Android, iOS and Linux.
- A 4G LTE connection – this may be your mobile phone or a USB cellular dongle.
6 Steps to Combine ADSL and 4G LTE into a Fast, Stable and Secure Internet Connection
Here’s what you have to do:
- Make sure you’re connected to your ADSL Internet, either via wired Ethernet or Wi-Fi. For best results, we recommend using the wired Ethernet connection, as Wi-Fi signal is variable.
- Setup your 4G LTE cellular connection: either tether your smartphone via USB or connect a USB cellular adapter. See instructions below on tethering:
- Start Speedify and log in using your subscription credentials. Speedify will detect your active ADSL and 4G LTE Internet connections and show them on the screen.
- Choose a server for Speedify to connect to and combine the DSL Internet link with your tethered phone connection. By default, Speedify will connect to the fastest server, but you can choose a specific location as well, if you need to unblock restricted content.
- Set the 4G LTE cellular connection on a Secondary priority and specify a daily or monthly data cap. You don’t want to exceed your quota and pay more, so Speedify will just cut the use of the tethered phone data connection once you’re done for the day / month.
However, if you have an unlimited data plan, feel free to set the 4G LTE cellular connection priority as “Primary”.
- Enjoy faster Internet with Speedify, as it combines your ADSL Internet link with your 4G LTE cellular connection for their aggregated bandwidth and speed. When both symbols light up in the Speedify interface, that means they’re connected and online, and Speedify is bonding the two.
With Speedify You Don’t Sacrifice Speed for Security. You Get Both.
Speedify is more than just a way to use and manage multiple ADSL and 4G LTE cellular Internet connections to get faster Internet on your computer. It is also a bonding VPN designed for speed, so it won’t slow your device down. Speedify encrypts all of your data and protects you from the dangers of using an unsecured public WiFi network.
Speedify is also available for mobile devices such as iPhone, iPad, Android smartphones and tablets. You can even use Speedify on Linux devices.
Plus, Speedify is an anonymous no log VPN service, so that you can stay with peace of mind that your data is safe and won’t be sold to other companies for money.
Speedify is not only the easiest way to improve your device’s Internet connectivity. It is also the best way to make your device more secure. Speedify has packed all of this industry-leading technology into one simple app that anyone can use.
What are you waiting for? If you’re in need for faster ADSL Internet, then it’s time to move forward and use it together with a 4G LTE cellular connection your computer. Get started with Speedify today!