How to Buy Safely and Save Money When Shopping Online: Use a VPN
Everybody loves offers, deals and discounts when it comes to online shopping. Your favorite online shopping website is constantly running deals and promos to get you to buy more – nothing wrong with that! But did you know that you can usually get the same items at a lower price if you are accessing the website from a different region or country?
Nothing new under the sun: this is called differential (dynamic) pricing and it’s applied worldwide by most online sellers, including the biggest online shopping websites like Amazon, eBay, Steam, Expedia, etc.
Using a VPN to change your online location can, not only secure your sensitive data, but also save you money when shopping online. Keep reading to learn how!
Saving Money when Shopping Online: Why Do Websites Use Different Pricing Based on Location?
To put it simply, this is because demand for a product or service varies from one location to another. And, as we all know, supply and demand sets the price in a free market, whether we’re talking about travel, insurance, electronics, or video games.
Take this FIFA 19 use case: Customers in the US pay $70 for the new EA Sports game, while it’s listed for only $47 in the Argentina store.
With the amount of data companies have on your browsing habits, dynamic pricing is also done at a user level, in addition to by country. That’s why it’s important to be able to evolve with these tactics to save money when shopping online. The simplest way is to use a VPN, which allows you to change your location and access regional deals.
Speedify Helps You Save Money when Shopping Online
Speedify is a mobile VPN solution that completely protects your online shopping sessions, but it offers more than just a secure retail environment. How so?
Speedify can combine multiple Internet connections so that you’ll always be connected and benefit from the fastest speed available. Speedify is available for computers and smartphones.
4 Things to Consider when Shopping Online with a VPN
Before trying out this VPN trick to save money while shopping online, there are some things you should consider–especially if you’re purchasing physical goods (products):
- product cost plus delivery cost – is this lower in your actual region?
- delivery – does the seller deliver to your actual region?
- warranty – does the product you’re buying have a warranty that covers your actual country or region?
- money back guarantee – policies for this can differ from region-to-region. Make sure you’re aware.
5 Steps to Save Money when Shopping Online with Speedify
In order to unlock the best deals on a product or service, you need to be able to change your location so that the online shopping websites “sees” you as being from another region or country.
Here are five steps to switch your region and save money when shopping online:
- Get Speedify on your computer and mobile devices. Speedify works on Windows, macOS, Android and iOS.
- If you’re accessing online stores from your game console (PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo, etc.), you have to share Speedify VPN over WiFi and connect your gaming device to that WiFi hotspot – here’s a brief guide.
- If you’re on a computer or mobile device running Speedify, connect to a server that is located in the region from which you want to shop. Speedify has servers in more than 40 locations all over the world.
- Enjoy the great deals! If you’re shopping online through a browser, you may also want to consider searching for your product or service on 2 browsers – your usual one and a “clean” browser without cookies. You may be able to save even more that way!