How to Combine WiFi and Mobile Data Both at the Same Time on Android
If you use an Android smartphone, you certainly stumbled over slow Internet or a connection that kept disconnecting. Even when it says you’re connected to WiFi, chances are you’re using a bad “sticky” hotspot where the Internet is actually not working.
And then you start thinking: my Android phone has 2 connections: WiFi and mobile data. Even if you turned them both on, your phone will only use one at a time, switching you between them. But why can’t you use both at the same time?
See the video below to find out how to use WiFi and mobile data at the same time without rooting your Android device.
How to Use WiFi and Cellular for Fast and Unbreakable Internet on Your Android Phone. No Root Necessary!
- an Android phone with a mobile data connection. The smartphone does not have to be rooted;
- an available WiFi network to connect to;
- the Speedify bonding VPN app.
Step 1: Let’s verify that you have an active mobile data connection on your smartphone, and that you have your data turned on. To do this, swipe down on your notification bar and check that the mobile data toggle is switched on. You can also go to “Settings”, tap on “Connections” and make sure the mobile data is switched on.
Step 2: Connect to a WiFi network. Tap “Settings,” then “Connections” and flip the switch on. You can then select a network from the list that appears. Be aware that you usually have to enter a password for private networks.
Step 3: Time to start combining WiFi and mobile data together at the same time on your Android!
- Download Speedify from the Google Play Store.
- When you launch the app, Speedify automatically detects your 2 active connections – WiFi and mobile data. You’ll see them contained inside the Connection Bubbles near the top of the Dashboard.
- Select the server you want to connect – usually the “fastest” option works best
- You can now return to your usual activities without having to worry that the Internet will be slow or disconnect.
Speedify Gets You Online Privacy when You Combine WiFi and Cellular Together at Once on Android
Speedify is a fast bonding VPN that uses channel bonding technology to combine multiple Internet connections together simultaneously. Being a VPN, it encrypts all the data from your Android phone to the Internet. This way, you will be able to:
- stay safe from hackers and snooping ISPs, especially when connecting to public WiFi networks
- bypass content restrictions on certain networks, in certain areas or countries and unblock video streaming services.
- avoid ISP data throttling for certain services like Twitch and YouTube.
Use WiFi and mobile data at the same time without root on your Android with Speedify. You’ll get 3 things at once: a stable connection, fast internet and secure online privacy. What are you waiting for? Get started now!