Join us LIVE with IRL Streamer and anatomy and physiology, genetics, microbiology, and immunology professor DrWD40, who uses bonding technology to livestream wildlife outdoors!
- This event has passed.
IRL Bike Ride | Speedify LIVE
July 19 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm EDT
Testing IRL Streaming while Riding the Bike
On the 105th episode of Speedify LIVE one of our interns takes to the streets of Philadephia on his bike to test not only Speedify’s IRL streaming capabilities, but also a new in-house feature that we’ve built: remote stats monitoring!
We discuss our stream setup, give our viewers a tour of the city of Philly and talk about everything Speedify!
Here are our 5 takeaways from our IRL Bike Ride:
- Our IRL stream setup is more or less the same as usual: an iPhone 12 Pro combining its own cellular with the Wi-Fi hotspot of another phone in Speedify; streaming through Larix Broadcaster sending the RTMP stream into Restream Studio. The new part of the setup is our remote stats monitoring!
- We have built a remote connection monitoring system that send the stats to us in the office every minute! This is currently only available for the Speedify team, but it would allow you to monitor the Speedify connection either in real time remotely, or after an event, so you could see what went wrong and when.
- While we won’t make our own Speedify device, we are very open to the idea of having one made! If you, or a company you know, would be interested in creating one with us, let us know. Such a bonding device would make livestreaming an even better experience!
- Combining two Wi-Fi connections is tricky business, especially on MacOS due to Apple’s limited compatibility with other devices. There are a few models that may work, and some possible workarounds with tricking a Mac into seeing a Raspberry Pi as an Internet card, but the easiest option is to simply switch up the ways you connect to your internet connections and use one of each: Wi-Fi, Ethernet, USB tethering, etc.
- Even biking around the streets of Philadelphia, Speedify stood the test and kept our stream live without issues! The only time we lost connection was due to a mechanical issue: our iPhone mounted on the handlebars fell down. So make sure you strap your phone in real tight!
Any kind of Teams, Google Meet, Zoom. I just can’t use them without Speedify anymore. I’ve got the Wi-Fi, and every time it glitches, Speedify just adds in the cellular connection.