Join us LIVE with IRL Streamer and anatomy and physiology, genetics, microbiology, and immunology professor DrWD40, who uses bonding technology to livestream wildlife outdoors!
- This event has passed.
IRL with Stringr: Cloud-Based Videography at #NABSHOW
April 25 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm EDT
Remote Video Production via Professional Crowd-Sourcing
This special episode of Speedify Live is the first Special IRL edition of many, as we visit the NAB Show in Las Vegas, to meet up with a number of great minds from the industry.
Our first guest is Claudia Barbiero, live streaming video expert and Vice President of Marketing at Stringr, who joins us to talk about this cloud-based platform for videography and video production, and what people can expect from the service in the future.
Here are our 5 takeaways from our quick chat with Claudia:
- Stringr is an app and platform that started as a passion project of people in the broadcast news world who wanted to make their teams’ jobs easier! It allows people in different locations to accept assignments of taking video footage, share it with newsgroups and broadcasters, making their job easier, and earning some money in the process!
- In the Stringr app, available on Android and iOS, people can set their locations and radius for which they want to receive assignment notifications for. This allows people to customize their Stringr experience and get the most out of it.
- The more someone submits in Stringr, and the more they complete the advanced profile with the equipment they have, people can get rated as users, and earn a higher pay! This allows for exclusive assignments through the Stringr app, which comes with higher pay rates as well.
- Stringr also functions as its own platform now. Some use it more as cloud storage for their video and other assets, making sharing and distributing to affiliates and audiences easier; while others use it more for its cloud production tools for live and video editing, which also allows for direct sharing to social media from the Stringr website.
- Stringr has recently created Iconiq, a platform for brands and marketers, which provides a customized, affordable and quick way of crowdsourcing new footage, which they will be able to reuse in the future as well, instead of constantly relying on stock footage anyone else could use.
The idea of being able to say, I can crowdsource that video super quickly and have something to pick and choose from. And then have a library, my own asset library that I can reuse over and over again is pretty exciting.