Join us LIVE with IRL Streamer and anatomy and physiology, genetics, microbiology, and immunology professor DrWD40, who uses bonding technology to livestream wildlife outdoors!
- This event has passed.
LIVE with StreamGeeks at #NABSHOW
April 25 @ 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm EDT
Touring NAB Show 2022 with StreamGeeks
This special episode of Speedify Live is another one from the NAB Show, as we are joined by StreamGeeks’ own Paul Richards while we tour the different booths at the convention.
We check out BlackmagicDesign’s ATEM products, talk Smell-o-vision and visit X-Keys as well to check out some surprisingly customizable products!
Here are our 5 takeaways from our second stream from NAB 2022:
- While the ATEM Mini is one of the most popular in streaming, the Hyperdeck Shuttle HD is another big one for BlackmagicDesign! It gives you a jog dial to record, flip and play output. It has HDMI in- and output, an SD card for recording, and you can loop that into any ATEM input and you have yourself a setup.
- Adobe is one of the bigger booths at NAB, even offering training sessions for those interested! You can learn to use Adobe Premiere from pros, and learn about new features like the recently added animated graphics options.
- Paul tells us how the fun part of the NAB Show is finding the small booths with interesting products. He says Smell-o-vision is one of these small companies, where they developed a product to add smells to movie theaters, providing a more immersive experience.
- X-keys is a company that creates programmable USB devices of all shapes and sizes! They have devices for post-production, pre-production, camera switching, cue prompting, video editing, graphic design, and the list goes on. They are also introducing full customizability so everyone can build their own deck that suits them best.
- Comparing Elgato and X-Keys, the biggest difference is that X-Keys devices are more tactile. While Elgato Streamdecks look and work great, it can be a problem if you don’t feel that you actually pressed a button. With X-Keys, however, you will always be able to tell if you managed to press the right button.
If you can get a video done, without having to use a second program to add your graphics, everyone’s just going to do that.