Join us LIVE from Vidsummit in Dallas Texas for an IRL demo of our new Pair & Share feature and Q&A with Alex and the Speedify Engineers - plus updates about what's new in Speedify, trivia, tips, and tech support!
- This event has passed.
Paleontologizing: The Paleontologist Streaming Dinosaur News and Science Discussion Live on Twitch | Speedify LIVE
November 1, 2022 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm EDT
On the 146th episode of Speedify LIVE we take a look into the world of Paleontology with former teacher, streamer, and real life Paleontologist, Danny Anduza a.k.a. Paleontologizing!
We chat about all things prehistoric, Danny’s stream setups and how he built a community, and even learn about the Dino Chicken Research, among many other things.
Here are our 5 takeaways from our chat with Danny Anduza:
- We learn about both of Danny’s setups: in the studio, he uses a multi-camera setup with a Canon EOS Rebel T7 DSLR Camera, running through OBS; while when in the field, he uses a LiveU Solo with multiple connections, one of which has been Starlink this past summer when he was on a dig!
- Danny says that streaming has helped open doors that have not been open for him before! For one, he can make his own schedule, go on trips and still stream while on the road if he wants, but livestreaming has also served as a “good excuse” to sit down and interview fellow Paleontologists and other colleagues.
- When it comes to building a community, Danny says it happened organically for him, as he doesn’t do much on social media like Twitter or Instagram. He says that just being genuine on streams is enough, as people respond to that and will support you.
- Paleontologizing also does IRL streams from museums sometimes! He says that he does try to check in advance if they have any policies about livestreaming to avoid issues, and mentions that drawing attention to smaller museums with the streams can be a good thing, as they are often underfunded, so he urges viewers to visit the museums too.
- In regards to making science accessible, Danny says that it’s very important that people learn that anyone can be a scientist! He says that not everyone has to go to college or have a wealthy background, all you need is to get involved in any way you can, volunteer at a museum for example, and you may be on your way.
I want to be able to reach everybody. That’s the whole point of being on Twitch, just to talk to people and be able to have a conversation, give and take, and if you get some people who come in and try to cause some trouble, that shows that you’re kind of reaching them on some level too.