Join us LIVE with IRL Streamer and anatomy and physiology, genetics, microbiology, and immunology professor DrWD40, who uses bonding technology to livestream wildlife outdoors!
- This event has passed.
Speedify LIVE Office Hours: Q&A With Our Developers
November 2 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm EDT
Answering Mailbag Questions from Speedify Users Live on Stream
On the 147th episode of Speedify LIVE we hold our weekly Office Hours with the Speedify Developers, this time with new and improved transitions and stream segments!
We chat about the basics of Speedify and how to get started, what’s new in Speedify 12.6 and what’s coming in 12.7, and we answer a few “Mailbag Questions”, as well as viewer questions.
Here are our 5 takeaways from our Office Hours:
- Our Devs answer ”Why you should bond connections”: for one, it gives you an extra boost to your Internet speeds both for streaming and doing everyday things online, and two, if you have online meetings or important calls, two connections bonding in Speedify’s streaming mode will keep you online!
- Speedify 12.6 is out! As usual, we included lots of minor fixes and under-the-hood improvements, but a bigger feature is improvement to the Windows app’s disconnect option, where it won’t try the same server again when you choose to recommend. We also added a new upgrade path to the UI, and improved connection naming where the ISP names didn’t show up correctly for some users.
- Mailbag Question no. 1 brings up something interesting: sometimes antivirus and firewall software can interfere with not just VPNs, but with making a secure connection too! If you have issues signing in or connecting to Speedify, you may need to disable such software, or whitelist Speedify!
- Mailbag Question no. 2 shows us that sometimes it’s the simplest things that may be the solution! A customer had trouble with connection speeds using multiple connections in Speedify, and it turned out that their cables were bad. Sometimes, you just need to make sure that your cables and ports are working, and switch things around if needed.
- When it comes to the best settings in Speedify, we highly recommend sticking with all Auto and the default settings! Speedify uses by default Speed mode with Enhanced Streaming, which prioritizes your streams over other traffic, while switching between active bonding and redundancy based on what your connections need
I'm combining three internet connections at once and it is giving me rock solid internet. I can just rip wires out and I am still connected thanks to Speedify.