Join us LIVE with Christina Dorner of CDornerFitness, who live streams daily virtual workout classes on her YouTube channel!
- This event has passed.
Privacy-First Email with Fastmail | Speedify LIVE
October 18 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm EDT
Marketing an Email Service with Live Streaming
Here are our 5 takeaways from our chat with Haley Hnatuk:
- With the Digital Citizen team being spread between the US and Australia, they tend to use a very lean setup. They use whatever computer is available at the time, using a shock mounted unidirectional microphone, and using SquadCast which allows everyone, including guests, to be located anywhere in the world!
- When it comes to livestreaming vs podcasting, Haley says they’re both uniquely hard and uniquely good for different reasons. With livestreams you don’t have to worry about editing, but there’s no taking things back either; while with audio-only podcasts, there’s no need to worry about visuals, but you won’t be able to edit out a loud noise in the background. So both have their challenges.
- Fastmail is different from other email providers in that it places focus on Privacy! They have all the features you’d get elsewhere, and more, with custom swipes and colors, and native apps, but they differ in that they don’t sell user data to third parties or advertisers, so you won’t see ads while checking your email either.
- The unique features of Fastmail include the ability to not only create email aliases to avoid spam, and to create single-use email addresses as well! With this option you can create an email address just for signing up for services, without getting bombarded with their offers and without having to worry about being part of a data breach somewhere.
- Haley’s advice to those who may want their own podcast: the best thing you can do is just jump in and try. You never know if your long-help ideas or interests could turn into an amazing show until you give it a shot.
Privacy is just so important. I personally believe that privacy should be a fundamental human right.
On the 140th episode of Speedify LIVE we welcome back Haley Hnatuk from Fastmail, the intelligent, privacy-first email service, this time in our Speedify Studio to talk about all things privacy! We chat about what makes Fastmail different, how their podcast Digital Citizen came to be and what it’s about, and get some helpful advice for those looking to start a podcast of their own.
Up Next on Speedify LIVE
ABOUT THE SHOW
Speedify LIVE is a weekly talk show and web series hosted by Speedify CEO Alex Gizis featuring a rotating panel of special guests. The show focuses on the industry of live streaming as well as the software and technologies that power it and frequently covers topics related to internet connectivity. Tune in on Twitch, YouTube Live, or Facebook Live.