Join us LIVE for a demo of our new Pair & Share feature and Q&A with Alex and the Speedify Engineers - plus updates about what's new in Speedify, trivia, tips, and tech support!
- This event has passed.
Speedify LIVE Office Hours: Q&A with the Developers
October 12, 2022 @ 2:00 pm - 2:30 pm EDT
On the 139th episode of Speedify LIVE we hold our weekly Office Hours with Speedify’s lead developer to discuss all things Speedify and livestreaming!
We take viewer questions, take a look at the developing situation in Iran, and discuss and demo what Speedify is for those that may be new to us.
Here are our 5 takeaways from our Office Hours:
- While the dev team is working hard on Speedify 12.6, we have also been doing our best to support the people of Iran! Over the past couple weeks we’ve provided 20GB of free data usage to Speedify users in Iran, expanded our servers in the area, and have noted over 450 000 users in Iran over the last week alone. We’re working hard to make sure everyone can stay connected!
- Getting started with Speedify is very easy! On Android and iOS just download the app from your respective Store and connect to a server with one tap; while on Windows and MacOS, you can download the app from our Download page, and on Linux you can follow our setup guides.
- Speedify Kiosk mode is a small feature with a big effect for Linux users, especially those with small screens! With the press of a single button, Linux users can expand the Speedify UI to the whole screen, removing the trim around the edges, making things easier to see and use. Just press F11!
- While we offer the Speedify CLI on desktop platforms, we also have a whole library that allows you to control Speedify through Python! You can find the Speedify GitHub repository, Speedify-PY, which allows you to do all the things the CLI can, and more!
- Our setup for the day is a bit different than our usual studio setup! We’re using Streamyard, which allows us to split the screen, move things around, superimpose popups, and more! We’re doing it all on an M1 Mac Mini, also running Ecamm as our virtual camera within Streamyard.
Here at Speedify we really believe in keeping people connected, making sure people can reach their friends and family, that they can do video chats wherever they are. And I don't just mean in airports, I mean anywhere. So we care about stuff, and we work really hard.
Up Next on Speedify LIVE
Latest Past Events
Join us LIVE for Q&A with Alex and the Speedify Engineers - plus updates about what's new in Speedify, trivia, tips, and tech support!