Using Your Phone as a Computer Webcam
On the 75th episode of Speedify Live we’re joined by Eden Liu, head of the Customer Success team and community at Camo, the software that lets you use your phone as an HD webcam for livestreaming and video calls.
Eden joins us to talk Sixers, how she ended up working for Camo at Reincubate, and of course all things Camo and streaming.
Here are our 5 takeaways from our chat with Eden:
- Eden tells us that Camo is the app that lets you “unlock the superpowers of your phone’s camera”! While the main platforms are iOS and MacOS, it’s now available for Android and Windows as well, with constant improvements on the way, and is even available for free!
- Camo is more than just an app that lets you use your phone as a webcam! Camo offers an overlay feature that lets you customize your screen for streams and meetings; you can switch between overlays with keyboard shortcuts and create a mini slideshow; the team recently added a recording feature so there’s no need for additional software, and the list just goes on!
- Having started out as a tool for just video calls, Camo is now slowly evolving into a streaming app, largely thanks to customer feedback! Eden says that the company pays close attention to customer input and they build their new features based on what is most requested.
- Camo already has some Augmented Reality options with its Modes feature, but they’re planning on expanding it even more! Right now, you have 12 preset options, from Emoji hands to lightning effects to animal faces, which you can turn on with just a few clicks.
- You can use Speedify, and Camo, overseas without issues! Just make sure to be careful with your data plan, so your provider doesn’t surcharge you. This is why Speedify has a Rate Limit and a Data Limit feature. You can set the maximum speed your connection can use, so you don’t use up all your data right away; and you can even set Daily or Monthly Data Caps to make sure you don’t cross that limit!