New Features, Live Streaming and Rescued Connectivity
On the 96th episode of Speedify LIVE we hold our weekly Office Hours with one of Speedify’s developers to discuss all things Speedify and streaming.
We take viewer questions about bonding multiple Wi-Fi connections, whether you can use Speedify without the VPN, and many more, while we also have our own stream saved by Speedify!
Here are our 5 takeaways from our Office Hours:
- When it comes to protection, Speedify functions like any other VPN: when connected to our servers all your packets are encrypted, so nobody can see your what you’re doing online or your true public IP, only the IP address of the Speedify server. However, Speedify is not a malware or spam protection software, so there’s not much we do on that front other than some basic filtering.
- It’s not possible to use Speedify without the VPN. This is because in order to do true connection aggregation you need a server component to send everything out to the internet packet by packet and put it all back together – this is where the VPN servers come in.
- Among other things, Speedify 12.2 now offers Kiosk mode, which allows users on Windows and Linux to press F11 and expand the Speedify UI to full screen. This will help Linux users with small screens in particular.
- For this stream we use a combination of our trusted streaming software: StreamYard is our main software, a WebRTC based in-browser streaming service. We also use Ecamm to turn our webcam into a virtual camera, switch between scenes and add in effects. And of course, Speedify is there in the background combining three connections to keep our stream stable.
- Speedify saved our stream from a Streamergency! As we were combining an Ethernet, a mobile Wi-Fi Hotspot and a USB tethered mobile connection, with the Ethernet as Primary, it looks like the Ethernet connection dropped for a minute, allowing Speedify to kick in with the mobile connections and save the stream from any interruptions!