Join us LIVE for a demo of our new Pair & Share feature and Q&A with Speedify CTO Brian - plus updates about what's new in Speedify, trivia, tips, and tech support!
- This event has passed.
Speedify LIVE Office Hours: Q&A with the Developers
August 3, 2022 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm EDT
On the 111th episode of Speedify LIVE we hold our weekly Office Hours, this time with Speedify CTO, Brian Prodoehl to discuss all things Speedify and streaming.
We take viewer questions, discuss the different transport modes of Speedify from UDP to TCP multiple, and we give a little teaser of our next app release, coming soon!
Here are our 5 takeaways from our Office Hours:
- Speedify’s Transport mode is set to Auto by default, which tries TCP Multiple first: this means that from your device to our server we establish multiple TCP connections and we load balance intelligently across those. We look at each connection and socket, and we pick and choose at a packet level which connection we put the packets over.
- If both of your connections are set to Primary, how we split the data between them depends on their latency and how they’re handling data. We generally put more over the faster connection, but we’ll keep them both active and connected.
- The Speedify team is busy improving our authentication processes! We’re working on making our sign-in process easier and safer for everyone, even trying to add different ways to sign in, like “Log in with Apple” in which case we wouldn’t see any of your information as you would sign in with an Apple account. It’s a work in progress, hoping to release soon!
- Speedify is a VPN, so your privacy is very important to us! There are different things we see on different levels: the app itself sees what apps you’re using on your device so it could determine what to prioritize, but it doesn’t send that data back to us. Once you’re connected to a Speedify server, all your data is encrypted, and we don’t see anything you do online, as your privacy comes first!
- Speedify 12.4 is coming! We’re working on a number of important improvements, mostly inspired by our own IRL streaming experiences, so make sure to update once the release is out! You can watch out for our Release notes here.
We don't know what IP addresses you visit. We don't know what hosts you visit. We don't know what apps you're using.. privacy first, if we don't know, we can't leak it, we don't know, we can't be hacked. We don't have that stuff. It is hidden from us by the client and doesn't go back to us.