Join us LIVE with the famous Canadian comedy food review Twitch streamer, Navious!
- This event has passed.
IRL: Shopping & Dining in Peddler’s Village | Speedify LIVE
August 4 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
IRL Streaming with YouWereFound in PA's Scenic Family Village
On the 112th episode of Speedify LIVE we head out into real world with Brian from YouWereFound, Twitch streamer and Speedify user, to take a field trip around the scenic family destination of Peddler’s Village in Bucks County, PA!
We talk about streaming experiences and sponsorships, we meet up with Christine Hensel Triantos, Director of Marketing and Communications at Peddler’s village, to learn about the area, and battle the summer heat as we stream from our phone.
Here are our 5 takeaways from our visit to Peddler’s Village:
- Brian from YouWereFound has been streaming on Twitch for about a year and a half, mostly doing IRL streams, and using Speedify in the process! He streams his trips with his friends, whether that’s just going out to town, a trip to Atlantic City’s beach, or his upcoming camping trip to Cape Cod.
- Brian has two different streaming setups: The more elaborate one uses a Raspberry Pi streaming backpack, running Speedify, combining multiple connections; while also using a GoPro connected to this setup, sending the video feed to Brian’s server, that pushes it onto Twitch. The simpler, more discrete setup uses an Android phone with two connections bonding in Speedify, pushing the RTMP feed to Brian’s server and onto Twitch.
- When it comes to getting sponsors, Brian says it doesn’t hurt to have experience, but also shares his big secret: reaching out to brands, being bold and going out there can do wonders. He says if you don’t ask, you don’t get, so you just need to be confident and reach out.
- Christine Hensel Triantos tells us that Peddler’s Village has become an entertainment, shopping and dining destination, with 60 shops, almost all of which are locally owned and operated, a hotel with 66 rooms throughout the village, an indoor family fun center, a 100-year-old carousel, fountains and garden areas, all full of history!
- Peddler’s Village is bringing back two important traditions: for the Village’s 60th anniversary they’re reintroducing sand sculptures, for the first time in 30 years; and they’re bringing back monthly themed festivals for October, November and December, so keep an eye on their socials for updates!
It's nice to be able to have multiple internet connections that come together to create that one super bonded connection so that we have no connection issues.