Join us LIVE with IRL Streamer and anatomy and physiology, genetics, microbiology, and immunology professor DrWD40, who uses bonding technology to livestream wildlife outdoors!
- This event has passed.
Speedify LIVE: Podcaster, Working Actor, Person Extraordinaire Dave Koenig
May 3 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm EDT
Show Business and Live Streaming Synergies
On the 78th episode of Speedify Live we are reconnecting with old friends, as Speedify’s CEO chats with Dave T. Koenig, podcaster, working film & TV actor, writer, director, and person extraordinaire!
We discuss how everything became virtual in the world of show-business, how creating Podcasts became a lot easier over the years, and we also name-drop a number of celebrities as we dig into Dave’s acting career.
Here are our 5 takeaways from our interview with Dave T. Koenig:
- Dave has worked with numerous celebrities and big Hollywood names: from John Goodman to Steve Buscemi, to Keegan Michael Key, and more! At this stage in his career he’s grown to appreciate everyone he’s worked with on a different level, and is happy to see how everyone’s careers evolve over the years.
- With the TV and Film industry mainly focusing on streaming, the way productions work has changed a lot. While shows would get made on an episode basis, get released seasonally, and could get cancelled after just a few episodes in the past, now entire seasons are made and released all at once!
- The pandemic has affected all businesses in many ways, but the entertainment industry is one of those that had to change things up the most. From one day to another, the entire industry had to switch everything they could to virtual, including auditions. The good side: no commute; the bad side: much less socializing and camaraderie with the people you work with.
- When it comes to virtual auditions, they initially started with Zoom, but then switched to other similar apps, like BlueJeans, which allowed for the creation of different rooms, simulating how a real life audition would work. In these apps, there would be a waiting room for everyone, and one with the casting director and others actually conducting the audition process.
- Dave was one of the early adopters of podcasting with The Commercials and his Bring Your Own Lunch podcasts. He says it was quite difficult to get everything to work the way they had imagined back in the day, but now, with the advancement in technology and internet speeds, things are much easier, and he might just pick podcasting back up!
Take away the things that would stress you out about whatever you’re doing. And let it fly and let it go. And just do your thing…You'll find yourself far more connected with what you're doing, whether it's reading a script or building a bench or something.