Join us LIVE with IRL Streamer and anatomy and physiology, genetics, microbiology, and immunology professor DrWD40, who uses bonding technology to livestream wildlife outdoors!
- This event has passed.
Speedify LIVE: Livestream your Live Music Shows
October 21, 2021 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm EDT
How to Live Stream Music Shows / DJ Sets Online
Sky Society is a community of individuals, united as one, creating higher ways of thinking, living, connecting via music, arts and culture. The music can be found on all streaming platforms, including Spotify, iTunes, Deezer and Amazon.
As a DJ and music producer, when live streaming a show without a production company, Sky Society uses Speedify to combine Internet from 2 phones. Find out what the setup (gear) includes, more best practices on streaming live music shows online and some more background info on Sky Society by watching this Speedify Live episode.
Here are our 5 takeaways from our talk with Sky Society:
- Sky Society’s music can be found on all possible streaming platforms thanks to the digital distributor, DashGo, which has connections with a variety of streaming platforms and keeps users up to date with new platforms that are added.
- Performing in front of a live audience or a virtual one is very different, but according to Sky Society, both have their own space. With his main goal being to stay connected with the community, online streaming has helped a lot, even if it gives him a lot more to do with managing every aspect of the livestream.
- Trying to find an online-offline balance, Sky Society is most present on Instagram due to the ability to see who he’s connecting with, and how easy it is to connect with people through DMs. He also uses the platform for promotions and ads.
- Before starting to use Speedify, Sky Society has experienced a number of Streamergencies, just like any streamer starting out. But ever since he’s been using Speedify on both of his phones, he’s had no trouble streaming shows or just staying in touch with people when traveling.
- Sky Society’s advice on improving your livestreams: learn and research as much as possible beforehand, always test the stream before a show, connect with teams like Speedify if you can, and if possible, build a production team behind you to make the streaming experience more enjoyable.
When I travel, I have to stay connected, and Speedify helps with that. Being able to stay in touch with people that I work creatively with really helps and dissolves any type of headaches and miscommunications.