Join us LIVE from Vidsummit in Dallas Texas for an IRL demo of our new Pair & Share feature and Q&A with Alex and the Speedify Engineers - plus updates about what's new in Speedify, trivia, tips, and tech support!
- This event has passed.
Speedify LIVE: Softvelum – Building Software Tools for Live Broadcasting
April 12, 2022 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm EDT
On the 71st episode of Speedify Live we are joined by Yury Udovichenko, CEO of Softvelum, the software company behind such livestreaming and broadcasting tools as Larix Broadcaster, Nimble Streamer, WMSPanel, and more.
We discuss Yury’s favorite use-cases of the company’s products, talk about the difference between different streaming protocols, and chat about what’s next in the world of streaming!
Here are our 5 takeaways from this chat between two CEOs:
- One of the company’s main products is Larix Broadcaster, which originally started in 2015 as a response to customer needs for a mobile streaming app. It’s an entirely free app for Android and iOS, and has an SDK option so others can base their streaming infrastructures on it as well. Yury says that in a way, Larix has become an advertisement for the SDK, as well as its own app.
- Softvelum’s streaming products have been used in various interesting use-cases: Larix Broadcaster was used by the NFL Draft in 2020 as well as the MLB drafts, people have used it to livestream a cycling tour of Canada; while Nimble Streamer has been used by Riot Games to stream their e-sports matches.
- Yury says that WebRTC is something they’re focusing on in 2022, as it’s gaining more and more momentum. They are introducing WebRTC ingest to Nimble Streamer as soon as their thorough testing is done, which will allow people to livestream directly from a browser, without the need for additional software. They’re also planning on adding WebRTC output to mobile devices in Larix Broadcaster.
- When it comes to making money from streams or your products, Yury provides some great advice: follow the needs of your customers. If you can solve somebody’s problem, that’s how you make money!
- Like anyone in the streaming industry, Yury has faced some Streamergencies as well. He shares that the biggest ones always come from something he can’t really control: his landline internet breaking down, often due to power outages. This is where he switches to a mobile connection, which can be a seamless failover in Speedify when combining connections.
We try to make our products as simple as possible in order for people, for customers to not actually have any need for asking questions. And if they have any questions, we have a lot of articles, a knowledge base, video tutorials. And if they still have any questions, our team of dedicated support engineers can help them.