Join us LIVE for a demo of our new Pair & Share feature and Q&A with Alex and the Speedify Engineers - plus updates about what's new in Speedify, trivia, tips, and tech support!
- This event has passed.
The VidAcademy: Learn Video Production Online | Speedify LIVE
June 9, 2022 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm EDT
On the 91st episode of Speedify LIVE we’re joined by Judie Russell from The VidAcademy: the online training courses that empower businesses and organizations to plan, film and edit professional video content.
We chat with Judie about her love of checklists, where her passion for video stems from, how she repurposes content, and even get some helpful tips on software and equipment!
Here are our 5 takeaways from our interview with Judie Russel:
- Judie loves pre-planning and checklists, so her process of teaching video production is organized into three parts: planning, filming and editing. Filming is done on phones; planning is an 8-step process, starting with “why are you making the video?”, followed by storyboards, scripts, legal implications, etc; and editing is taught in Adobe Premiere Rush which can be used on both desktop and mobile!
- When it comes to repurposing content, Judie likes to plan out what she can do with the content. She does different things for each social media platform based on its audience: YouTube gets the full long-form video, LinkedIn gets more business-related short clips, TikTok and Instagram get separate short-form vertical videos, etc. She also recommends making a transcript which will help pull the clips, and write blogs.
- Judie’s advice for people starting out: just because you don’t feel confident enough yet, doesn’t mean you shouldn’t do it. She says everybody starts somewhere, so if you don’t feel ready to get in front of people right away, just start recording and talk into your phone to get a feel for it first.
- We learn something new every day: Microphone Flags are a thing! It’s a little add-on to your microphone stick that you can put your own logo on – this may help look more professional, and makes it harder for others to reuse your content!
- When it comes to audio, Judie says it’s the most important part! She uses both Rode SmartLav and Rode Go Wireless microphones for their audio quality, and their compatibility with each other. She says she always has the SmartLav with her, and would recommend it as a starter due to it being more budget-friendly.
Just because you don't feel like you're confident enough to do it yet. That doesn't mean that you shouldn't be doing it. Everybody has to start somewhere.