How to Stream IRL to Twitch Using Ecamm Live
Ecamm Live is one of the most popular software services for live streaming on Twitch. Whether you want to have more options for your live stream than using the native Twitch app or you want to stream to multiple platforms, Ecamm is a great solution if you're doing that from a Mac computer.
This article shares a proven way on live streaming to Twitch using Ecamm Live without any software or Internet connectivity issues.
Requirements for Ecamm Live Streaming IRL to Twitch
Here's a checklist to stream IRL to Twitch using Ecamm Live:
- camera - dedicated (like a GoPro, for example), the computer webcam, or your smartphone's camera turned into a webcam using Camo
- streaming device - a Mac computer - iMac, Mac Mini, Macbook, etc.
- Ecamm Live streaming software
- stable Internet connection - you should have at least 2 connections available from different providers. For example - your home Internet / public Wi-Fi and an additional smartphone with a cellular data plan. The idea is to use two connections together at once with Speedify to hit your target bitrate and avoid flaky Internet problems while live streaming IRL to Twitch using Ecamm.
Additional accessories, such as dedicated microphones, extra lighting, etc. may be required depending on where you'll be streaming from.
Four Steps for Ecamm Live IRL Streaming to Twitch
STEP 1 - CONNECT ALL AVAILABLE INTERNET SOURCES TO YOUR STREAMING DEVICE
Internet connectivity is what makes or breaks a successful IRL live stream. That's why it's important to get it right and use all available connections at once - it will help you avoid issues if one of your connections becomes unstable or even drops.
Use one or multiple of the following on your Mac computer you'll be using with Ecamm Live:
- wired Ethernet connection
- Wi-Fi hotspot
- tethered smartphone
- external USB 5G / 4G LTE cellular adapter
STEP 2 - GET STABLE INTERNET BY BONDING YOUR CONNECTIONS WITH SPEEDIFY
Run Speedify and log into your account. All the active Internet sources you connected at step 1 should be recognized by Speedify. All you have to do now is choose a server to connect to - the fastest server options usually works best.
STEP 3 - CONFIGURE Ecamm Live
Follow the instructions on the Ecamm website to get started for your IRL live streaming session to Twitch.
Basically, you need to add Twitch as one of your destinations within Ecamm Live, if you haven't done that already.
STEP 4 - FINAL CHECK, GO LIVE
Before going live with your stream, make sure:
- you are in the Ecamm Live Studio and are able to see the video you want to broadcast in the preview window
- audio is working
- Speedify is running, and it combines the Internet sources you're connected to.
Whenever you're ready, just start the IRL live stream and broadcast to your Twitch audience.
The good thing about Speedify is that it prioritizes your IRL live streams over other Internet traffic. Thus, you are avoiding issues such as low quality, choppy and laggy videos, buffering and even disconnects from the streaming server.
Best Practice for Ecamm Live Streaming to Twitch: Use Speedify for Fast and Stable Internet
Whenever you're live streaming IRL to Twitch, you should be focusing on your content. You shouldn't have to worry about the Internet connectivity, your video quality or whether you're lagging, buffering or dropping from the live stream.
This is where Speedify comes to the rescue. It is the only app that can combine multiple internet sources into one bonded super-connection for more stable and secure live streaming, video calling, online gaming and web browsing.
With Speedify, your IRL live streams will be prioritized over other types of traffic on your streaming device. You can be sure your Twitch live streams get the bandwidth and stability they need to provide the best video quality even if your computer or phone decides it's time to update its apps or run a backup job.