Too Much Data Usage with Samsung’s Smart Network Switch? Here’s a Tested Fix!
Samsung rolled out a new feature it was sure was going to be a killer app. But, many customers have found that Smart Network Switch isn’t very smart and it uses too much data. It also prevents you from knowing how much data you are actually using.
In order to avoid using too much data you may want to disable Smart Network Switch on your Android device. However, if you still want to find a way to stay connected to the web at all times, without running up big data costs, there is an easy alternative. The Speedify app does more than what Smart Network Switch claims to do, and does it well. It also gives you much more control over your data usage and comes with other helpful features.
How Smart Network Switch Works
The Smart Network Switch connects to a WiFi network and a cell network at the same time. But, instead of bonding them into a single channel, it simply sends traffic on whichever connection is faster at the moment. This means you can look at your Samsung screen and see that you are connected to a WiFi network, but you will have no idea if you are really using cell data or the WiFi connection at that moment.
Why Smart Network Switch Uses Too Much Data
The Smart Network Switch isn’t smart enough. It only focuses on giving you a working Internet connection at any given moment. It does not take into considerations your data caps, how data intensive your current Internet use is, or any other factors. You also have little control over Smart Network Switch settings.
This means that you end up using a lot more data than is necessary to deliver the same Internet experience. If there is a heavy load on the WiFi you could be using your data for 100% of the time you thought you were on WiFi.
You might also be interested in...
How to Disable Smart Network Switch on Your Samsung Device
Fortunately, disabling Smart Network Switch can be done directly from your device.
- You will need to pull down the Notifications shade with a swipe down.
- Then you click the Setting wheel located in the upper right-hand corner.
- You will see a list of options. One of them will be called WiFi. Select that option. You will see a list of WiFi networks. Ignore those for now.
- In the upper right-hand corner, you will see a button labeled “MORE”. Click that.
- A series of options will pop up on a small menu. In the middle, there will be an option called “Smart Network Switch”. Choose that option.
- Next you will see a dialogue box explain that Smart Network Switch is on. You will see the option to turn it off.
- Once you click off you are good to go.
How Does Speedify Work?
Speedify makes your internet secure, stable, and fast with the magic of Channel Bonding--but how?
- First, Speedify establishes a connection to one of our Speed Servers in the Cloud. This acts as a middleman between you and the rest of the internet, keeping your web activity private and secure.
- Next, the app works with the Speed Server to intelligently spread network packets among all your available internet connections.
- And presto! Speedify is able to provide the combined speed and stability of all your internet connections—unlike any other VPN on the market.
Use Speedify to Manage Connectivity and Data
The idea behind Smart Network Switch is a good one. It is nice to not have your Internet connection interrupted just because of a brief WiFi issue. But, the Smart Network Switch just isn’t smart enough. What you need is the Speedify app.
Speedify can be downloaded on Android and iOS devices. It works in the background of your phone constantly monitoring the quality of your connections. It uses channel bonding technology to create a unified connection with your cell signal and your WiFi. But, you can tell Speedify to prioritize WiFi. Speedify will then use WiFi as much as possible, keeping your data costs low. It will only use data as a bridge or backup to keep you connected when WiFi fails or you are changing WiFi networks. When a WiFi network does fail, Speedify automatically reconnects as soon as it is back online.
Speedify is the smart way to stay connected and manage your data use. Download Speedify today and experience a safer, faster, and less data-intensive way to stay connected to the internet.