PokerStars Disconnecting Is Never Fun!
Poker is the most popular online casino game, any variation be it Texas Hold’em, Draw, Omaha or another. With the changes to in person gambling, from first being stopped to now being distanced at the tables that are reopened, online games have tripled their revenue in 2020 vs. 2019. With so many wagers being played globally, tens of millions each month, according to the same source above. PokerStars has been dealing the world their hands since 2001.
With all this at stake, your internet connection could be what causes you to lose a hand, a chance to get fresh cards and work on that action. Not only that, but your position in a tournament as well will suffer. Any opportunity not taken because you disconnected is going to cost significantly more than you wanted to wager! This article will share how you can fix PokerStars that keeps disconnecting and focus on playing poker rather than worrying about your internet disconnections.
The Usual Suspects When PokerStars Keeps Disconnecting
We all know the Internet has its way of disconnecting right when you need it the most. PokerStars isn't exempted from this. This can be OK with other activities. But with critical ones like being part of a PokerStars tournament, your money is at stake. It's a priority for you to solve your potential connection issues before logging in to PokerStars.
We may categorize the causes for PokerStars that keeps disconnecting into 3 major categories:
- Platform server problems (when it's not you, it's them)
- Device issues - software conflicts (with security / firewall software), out-of-date PokerStars app
- Internet connectivity problems on your part: slow or laggy connection.
Troubleshooting any of these during an ongoing game is not recommended. You can do this while in the app lobby or when you're not using PokerStars. Keep reading to see a list of potential fixes.
Here are the Simple Steps You Can Do to Get Rid of PokerStars Disconnects
Let's see how you can troubleshoot your PokerStars issues:
- Check the PokerStars Support Twitter account for any news on outages and planned server restarts. The good news is that according to their policy, all amounts from an unfinished hand will be rolled back to each player.
- Restart all your network equipment - router / modem, repeater, etc.
- Make sure you have the latest version of the PokerStars app installed and restart it.
- If you have a firewall or security software, make sure it allows the PokerStars app to access the Internet.
- Restart your PC / smartphone.
- Reinstall the PokerStars app
- Contact PokerStars directly from the app or website.
The alternative to all the above: using 2 or more connections available to you at once, to keep you connected when one of them disconnects. You can easily do that by using the Speedify app while you play poker.
Speedify Makes PokerStars Disconnects Away!
Speedify is a bonding VPN service that employs channel bonding technology to allow you to use all of your Internet connections at once. You will benefit from extra speed, the best latency available and also protection against DDoS attacks that target poker players. If you have been targeted before, you might also think about getting your own dedicated server for online games.
If you think you don't have any other connections available, here are a few ideas:
- on your smartphone you can combine Wi-Fi and cellular together.
- on your computer you can use the Ethernet or Wi-Fi from the home network with a USB cellular dongle and/or your tethered smartphone.
Speedify automatically recognizes all active connections on your device and intelligently combines them to keep you online while maintaining the session. Even if one of your connections drops, Speedify will seamlessly transition the traffic to the other(s) before that happens, so you won't even know it happened.
Last but not least: remember that even if you use Speedify while playing poker, we recommend having your PokerStars app updated at all times. And make sure you check the PokerStars VPN usage recommendations.
To wrap this up - Speedify provides a simple way to solve and avoid PokerStars disconnection issues by using all of your available Internet connections at once.