Stats and Speeds for Major Providers in Kentucky
The average Internet speed Kentucky has is around 14 Mbps, according to Akamai’s Q1 2017 stats. That’s way below the US national average.
Many people in Kentucky pay expensive fees for broadband Internet, but are not getting a fast enough connection. Top Internet providers in Kentucky include AT&T (1000 Mbps, DSL, fiber), Verizon (940 Mbps, fiber), Xfinity (300 Mbps, cable) and Spectrum (100 Mbps, cable).
The trouble is that often times ISPs are not helpful in finding solutions to issues related to Internet speed in Kentucky because they are part of the problem.
Read below to see how to get the best Internet speed Kentucky has by combining 2 or more Internet connections together.
Why Does Kentucky Have One of the Nation’s Worst Average Internet Speeds?
When it comes to Internet speed in Kentucky, it’s only the 46th most connected state, with 86% of people having access to DSL type connections, 79% getting cable, 44% satellite and only 11% having access to fiber Internet (source). If you are having slow Internet issues in Kentucky, there are three likely causes:
- Your ISP is throttling your connection
- You are having router issues
- Too many of your neighbors have the same ISP and you experience slowing during peak usage hours.
The easiest thing to do is to first test your router to see if that is the source of your problem. But, if the issue is your ISP, your best bet is to use secure a second Internet connection and combine the two connections into a single fast pipe with the Speedify app.
Internet Speed in Kentucky After the Net Neutrality Repeal
One of the concerns after the net neutrality repeal in mid December 2017 is that ISPs could throttle Internet access for certain services – especially the bandwidth-intensive ones such as live video streaming, online gaming, etc. They could ask for more money from the consumer if they want to access that specific service with full speed.
If there are several high speed Internet service providers in the area you live in Kentucky, you will have where to choose from and avoid such issues. Here is an interesting map of the high speed Internet coverage in the United States – where do you stand on that?
How to Get Faster Internet Speed in Kentucky with Speedify
Speedify can be downloaded for free on Windows, macOS, iOS and Android devices. You can use Speedify to combine any types of connections including:
- Combining a DSL and a Cable Internet connection
- Combining two DSL connections
- Combining two cable connections
Four Steps to Get High Speed Internet Service in Kentucky
We’re assuming you have at least 2 Internet connections available: your home Internet, a nearby public WiFi, tethered phone, an additional home Internet connection, etc. Here are some ideas on where to find new Internet connections.
- Install Speedify on your computer or mobile device. Get it from our website or from the Apple Store / Google Play Store.
- Make sure you are connected to one of the Internet connections. Most computers only have a single WiFi card and a single Ethernet port. The easiest process is to connect to the first Internet source using your Ethernet port.
- Connect your computer to the second Internet connection. The easiest process is to connect to the second source using WiFi.
- Open the Speedify app. Speedify will automatically combine the two different connections into a single fast pipe. You will enjoy a lightning fast Internet experience like you have never seen before.
Because Speedify is also a mobile VPN that doesn’t keep any activity logs, it will keep your data secure from hackers and snoops. Not even your IPS will know what sites you are visiting.
Tired of the slow Internet speed you experience in Kentucky on DSL, cable, satellite or even fiber? It’s time to get started with Speedify and experience the Internet your way.