Cord Cutting Options – Ditching Cable TV to Stream Programs
The cost of satellite and cable TV services is constantly on the rise. Unfortunately their service quality doesn’t improve or even goes down. As a reaction to that, a significant number of customers have decided to “cut the cord.” Cutting the cord simply means ditching the cable TV service and getting their TV show supplies from online apps. Keep reading – we’ll explore some of the best services for cord cutters.
There are some benefits of cutting the cord:
- Monthly costs are lower: that’s the primary benefit. You’ll find plenty of free cord cutting services on the market.
- Device costs is not an issue: You’ll need a device to play the media – it can be your smart TV or your phone/tablet. But there is no need for satellite boxes and other hardware that is involved when installing cable TV.
- You can pay only for what you watch. No more “bundles” of hundreds of channels you will never watch.
As things to take into account, you need a fast and table Internet connection. As a cord cutter, you rely on this to watch your favorite services.
What You Need to Have as a Cord Cutter
You want the best media experience. And thus you need the best service for cord cutters. But that’s not all. Here is a list of all the things you need:
- Fast and stable internet: You cannot get a good TV experience with slow or flaky internet. You need internet services that can keep streaming 4k videos to your device without any stuttering.
- Streaming device (if not using a smart TV): You need a streaming device such as the Amazon Fire TV or Google Chromecast. This will plug into your TV and you can watch shows on your TV like you’d do with a cable connection. If you have a smart TV, you won’t need a separate streaming device.
- Streaming services: You’ll need at least one streaming service to stream media on your TV. There are some best apps for cord cutters that we’ll discuss here.
Best Streaming Services for Cord Cutters
Depending on your region, you might add to the list below. But here are some of the top apps that will let you watch TV without cords.
DirectTV Now: This app includes HBO so if you’re a heartbroken GoT fan looking for a new show, DirectTV Now can be a good option. However, it doesn’t have Animal Planet, BBC America, and Discovery. The app is very easy to use and there are discounts for customers with AT&T Wireless.
PlayStation Vue: If you have a PlayStation, you might want to get this service. It has a decent selection of channels but Comedy Central and MTV are missing.
Sling TV: Sling TV comes with a nice collection of channels. You can get Sling Orange+Blue to get the maximum channels. However, Nickelodeon is missing so it’s not the best option for people with kids.
Speedify: Speedify doesn’t stream anything. So why do you need it? It boosts your speeds and makes the streaming services work smoothly. There’s no point in paying for DirectTV Now to watch HBO, only to find that the video is lagging and you have to wait for several minutes to watch a single scene.
Why Speedify Makes Cord Cutting the Best Cable TV Alternative
Speedify is a fast bonding VPN. This means that it combines multiple internet connections at the same time. After all, two are better than one. Why connect to just one channel when you can connect to many?
Using Speedify doesn’t need any extra hardware. It’s an app that’s available on Windows, Mac, iPhone, and Android.
You can combine your Wi-Fi network with your mobile data to get more stable internet and also a speed boost. If you’re using Speedify on a computer, you can also use other connection types, such as wired Ethernet, multiple WiFi, etc.
And if you have just one connection, Speedify can still increase your speeds. It actively detects packet loss and resends the lost packets before they are detected by the applications you’re using. This way, there is no delay and you can enjoy a better and seamless streaming experience.
So if you’re looking for best service for cord cutters, make sure you Speedify your experience.