Why Is My Spectrum Internet Not Working?
If you search for Spectrum Internet reviews online, you’ll get mixed opinions. There have been a lot of negative reviews for all providers since the coronavirus pandemic. And that’s because as more people work from home, they consume the same bandwidth they previously were using for work as well.
When it comes to Spectrum Internet streaming issues, the most common symptom is buffering. And, of course, getting a very poor video quality. Even Netflix and YouTube reduced the quality of streaming videos so that Internet bandwidth could be conserved during the Covid-19 outbreak.
So how to fix and avoid Spectrum Internet streaming issues? Read this article and find out how to get the best quality videos even on slow and unstable Internet connections.
Streaming Services Issues or Spectrum Internet Down?
Before we start troubleshooting streaming issues with Spectrum Internet, there are two things you need to check:
- The origin for the Spectrum streaming problems. The streaming platform of your choice should be up and running without issues. Check and see if there’s any news of issues for Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Disney+, BBC, etc. If it’s not them, then it’s you.
- The speed of your connection – just run a speed test. Is your Internet bandwidth fast enough, within these recommendations: at least 5 Mbps for a HD quality video / 25 Mbps for an Ultra HD video?
All good with number 1 above? Then it’s you – start troubleshooting.
6 Common Spectrum Internet Issues & Fixes
When you get Spectrum Internet streaming issues, try using their troubleshooter first. Below is a list of things you should definitely try:
- Reboot your router and the device you’re streaming from (computer, tablet, phone, etc.). Sometimes that’s all you need to do.
- Move closer to the wireless router. Actually, use a wired connection, if available.
- Close any background programs that might be using bandwidth. These include backup programs, social networks, collaboration tools, etc.
- Check to see if there are any other devices on your home network using bandwidth. Maybe your kids are streaming something themselves. Or playing games online.
- Try disabling hardware acceleration in your browser / streaming app’s settings. Certain combinations of devices and streaming platforms may not work well together.
- Do you have a second Internet connection available (e.g. public WiFi, mobile data, backup connection)? Just use that extra connection along with your home Internet simultaneously for faster, more stable Internet. All you need is a channel bonding service like Speedify.
Avoid Spectrum Internet Streaming Problms with Speedify
If one of the connections you’re using becomes slower or even disconnects, Speedify will automatically start moving traffic to the other working connection(s). When the initial connection is back, it starts using it again.
And don’t worry – just because it’s also a VPN doesn’t mean you can’t access your favorite streaming platforms. Speedify’s bypass feature allows only trusted traffic from Netflix, HBO, Hulu, Disney+ and more to go around the encrypted tunnel.
We hope to have answered your question on fixing Spectrum Internet streaming issues. Try Speedify for free.