Become a Popular Twitch Streamer: Setup Your Live Stream on Reliable Internet
Whether you’re wondering how to be a Twitch streamer or already have some experience with it, your Twitch streaming setup checklist should include a way to broadcast online reliably. This means that there should be no issues related to a slow and unreliable Internet connection, such as lag, buffering or disconnects, especially now that Twitch supports low latency mode.
Unfortunately, one of the most common issues Twitch streamers have is exactly the Internet connection they’re streaming from. High packet loss rates due to network congestion affect the quality of the live video stream, especially for IRL streamers. Read below to see how to get a stable and fast Internet connection via our Twitch streaming setup guide!
Twitch Streaming Setup: Don’t Let Your Internet Connection Slow Down Your Streaming
Most of the time, slow unreliable Twitch streams are a result of a bad Internet connection. Even when you are connected to a wired Ethernet connection, your Internet may still be too slow to get the full benefit of streaming Twitch videos and live action game-play.
The problem is that your Twitch streaming device – computer, smartphone or game console – isn’t taking full advantage of its capabilities. Your device sends all the data through either the Ethernet, WiFi or cellular. If there is any fluctuation or loss of signal, your device cannot receive the data packets it requested from the Twitch server. Instead, all you see is pixelated images, endless buffering, sometimes culminating with disconnects.
You might also be interested in...
Twitch Streaming Setup: How to Get Fast and Stable Internet with Speedify
The solution is obvious: get your devices to use all available connections at once in a smart way to maximize bandwidth, minimize latency and packet loss. Since your streaming devices (computers, smartphones) are actually capable to use multiple Internet connections, you need an app to make that happen.
Speedify is a next generation channel bonding mobile VPN service that allows you to combine multiple Internet connections at the same time into one super pipe for increased bandwidth and reliability, while lowering latency and minimizing packet loss when streaming.
Not only will you enjoy the combined speed and stability of all your connections, but if one of them disappears or disconnects Speedify will instantly and seamlessly shift your Twitch streaming to the other working connection(s) without skipping a beat – preventing minor connection problems from majorly affecting your K/D ratio.
How Does Speedify Work?
Speedify makes your internet secure, stable, and fast with the magic of Channel Bonding--but how?
- First, Speedify establishes a connection to one of our Speed Servers in the Cloud. This acts as a middleman between you and the rest of the internet, keeping your web activity private and secure.
- Next, the app works with the Speed Server to intelligently spread network packets among all your available internet connections.
- And presto! Speedify is able to provide the combined speed and stability of all your internet connections—unlike any other VPN on the market.
Enhance Your Twitch Streaming Setup with Speedify Fast Bonding VPN
With a very simple user interface, but powerful capabilities, Speedify can easily be used successfully by both occasional live streamers on Facebook, YouTube, Twitch and also by professional broadcasters such as vloggers, gamers, reporters in the field etc.
Speedify is perfect when you’ve got access to 2 or more Internet connections while streaming on Twitch – WiFi & Cellular on your smartphone; WiFi & wired Ethernet on your computer. With its mobile VPN core making the difference and at only $50 per year for a subscription (versus thousands of dollars on dedicated bonding hardware) – we believe it’s time to upgrade and finalize the Twitch streaming setup with a future-proof tool for fast and reliable Internet!
Okay, @speedify update. The stream ran perfectly smooth tonight. After 3 months, 10+ Cox techs, and min 20% consistant packet loss… this tool seems to have fixed my issue.
Streamed for 4 hours. Packet loss ended at .3% compared to the 20%+ normally.
— Firebottle (@firebottletv) January 23, 2018
Get started with Speedify today – get it from our website for Windows and macOS, or from the Apple Store or Google Play Store.
Need Help with Other Items on Your Twitch Streaming Setup? Check Out Twitch Tutorials!
If you got the fast and stable Internet connection under control and need help in proceeding further with the Twitch live streaming setup, we recommend to check out the constantly updated tutorials in the Twitch Help section on how to get your stream up and running on specific platforms:
- Recommended Hardware for Broadcasting
- Recommended Software for Broadcasting
- How to Broadcast PC Games
- How to Broadcast Mac Games
- How to Broadcast Console Games – and specifically for XBox One and Playstation 4
You can also check out the Twitch subreddit for more info.
5 Steps for a Popular Twitch Channel
Nobody’s forcing you to be popular on Twitch, unless you want to. What’s most important about Twitch is to have fun while entertaining others as well:
- Find your niche and run with it! It may be Fortnite, IRL streaming or another niche – just do what you like best.
- Be consistent – create a streaming schedule and stick to it!
- Build an audience and make some friends – you can use the OPTICS approach: Opportunity, Presence, Technology, Interaction, Consistency and Skill.
- Being interactive is key – after all, Twitch is about interacting, not just broadcasting.
- Don’t worry, be happy! Remember it takes a lot of patience and hard work to “make it” on Twitch and everybody’s been through this process.