The Future is Wireless: Make the Best of It and Avoid Unstable Connections
In the past few years we have seen a rise in development of wireless technologies – from wireless chargers to wireless headphones. But somehow wireless internet, which has been around for longer, seems to have deteriorated in terms of quality of service. You can imagine how inconvenient an unstable wireless connection can be. No matter what you are doing online – working, streaming, playing, browsing – an unstable wireless connection is very frustrating.
Regulators actually require that WiFi be relatively easy to disrupt. That is why too many networks on the same frequency can cause issues and why you have an unstable wireless connection. So what can you do about this? Depending on the case, there are multiple ways to solve the problem. Read below to see how you can do this.
In most cases, this problem is caused by local factors that affect the wireless signal. A WiFi connection that keeps disconnecting or doesn’t work can also be the result of network congestion.
Another problem with WiFi is smartphones do a poor job of managing WiFi connections. It takes too long to switch between networks, so you often get stuck on one of those bad WiFi hotspots.
Fixing the issue is not as difficult as you may think. Keep reading to see the best solution for your unstable wireless connection.
What Can You Do? Here are 5 Tips to Troubleshoot Unstable Wireless Connections
Try these tips to avoid wireless issues:
- Move closer to the WiFi hotspot or router. This should be easy to accomplish when at home and even if you know the actual location of the public WiFi hotspot.
- The more devices are using the wireless network at once, the less bandwidth is available for each device to use. Try to disconnect some of the devices to improve performance on other devices.
- Move the different wireless devices away from each other. All of them are trying to send data over the air. Cordless phones, baby monitors, Bluetooth devices like wireless speakers, mouse and neighboring wireless networks are all competing with your wireless network. Move WiFi devices away from other transmitting devices, or turn them off when they are not in use.
- Try other settings for your WiFi network on your router. Take a look at this article from TechAdvisor to learn how to tweak your WiFi channel.
- Just use Speedify, the only app that can combine multiple internet sources into one bonded super-connection for more stable and secure live streaming, video calling, and web browsing. This app takes a different approach to solving the unstable WiFi issue. It can monitor the connection quality and also use multiple Internet connections at once on any device. It can combine a WiFi connection with cellular on mobile devices. On computers, you can bond any network connection and any number of connections.
Why Speedify Is Best to Help with Unstable Wireless Connections
With its channel bonding technology, Speedify allows you to take advantage of all internet connections you have available. For example, you can bond ethernet and WiFi on your Mac and PC. But why stop there, check out our video where we bond 15 connections on an iPad!
The failover protection Speedify offers will save you from having to deal with an unstable wireless connection ever again. If one of them goes out, Speedify transfers the traffic to the other one(s). You don’t have to deal with an unstable wireless connection ever again.