TunnelBear Stuck on Connecting or Very Slow? Here’s How to Fix It
Why is my TunnelBear VPN slow?
The first reason that TunnelBear offers for a slow browsing experience is the fact that all of the data you wish to upload or download must first pass through the company’s encrypted servers. This extra security step may slow down some internet browsing.
Some of the other reasons TunnelBear may be slow are:
- ISP throttling your connection
- Your location
- You are connected to an unreliable network
- Conflicts with other apps
3 Steps to Fix Slow TunnelBear VPN
- The first thing you should try when encountering slow TunnelBear issues is to switch to a different tunnel. Sometimes tunnels become congested. The farther away you are geographically from a given tunnel, the slower your Internet connection may be.
- If switching tunnels does not resolve the problem, the next step is to try toggling the Ghost Bear setting. Ghost Bear is a form of extra protection to keep outsiders from snooping on your internet activity. Switching this on and off will sometimes resolve slow connection issues.
- If changing the TunnelBear settings does not fix your slow connection issues, the next step is to restart your computer or device. You should also try to limit the number of other apps you are using at the same time as TunnelBear. You may need to open and close apps one at a time while using TunnelBear to find out if any of them are causing the slow down.
If none of the above steps work, you may be facing a problem with your ISP. You can try to use your system’s TCP override. This will force TunnelBear to run a slower, but more reliable protocol that may help improve your connection speeds. This can also be helpful if you are on a Wi-Fi network that does not have strong connectivity.
Try an Alternative VPN
If you are still unhappy with your slow TunnelBear experience, there is another alternative. You could try Speedify. Speedify is a VPN for Mobility that was designed from the ground up for speed.
Unlike other VPN solutions, Speedify wants to make sure you don’t have to choose between security and fast browsing.
The Speedify Difference
Speedify is much more than just a VPN solution. It also works to increase the connection capabilities of your mobile and desktop devices. By default your mobile device either connects to the Internet via Wi-Fi or through the mobile data connection. Speedify allows you to connect to the Internet using both Wi-Fi and mobile data at the same time. This increases your bandwidth and makes sure you get a smooth internet experience, even if one connection becomes unreliable.
Speedify works in the background monitoring the quality and strength of your connections. It automatically sends as much data as possible over Wi-Fi instead of an expensive mobile data connection. But, if one connection breaks down, Speedify is equipped with auto failover. It will automatically reroute data as needed until the lost connection can be restored. See here the difference when it comes to live streaming.
Speedify gives you the peace of mind of knowing your data is private and safe while also giving you faster Internet connections. No other VPN can offer the same levels of speed and security that Speedify can. Plus – we do not log any data about your activities while using Speedify!
So, what are you waiting for? Make the switch to Speedify to enjoy a better service and get more bang for your buck! Get started now for FREE – no strings attached, no email sign-up necessary!
Speedify is the only app that combines your wifi, cellular, wired, and even your friend’s phone signals – into one ultra-fast and super secure link that keeps you all connected for the best possible live streaming, video calling, or just posting to your favorite app.
Subscribe to Speedify on YouTube
Get news, success stories, and our weekly livestreaming show Speedify LIVE! Tune in to chat and ask questions or to yell at us if that makes you happy. We're from Philly, we can take it.