Tips or Staying Safe on Public WiFi Networks
If you’re like anybody else, you’ll be accessing the Internet while commuting or on the go. And you’ll probably connecting to one of thousands of public WiFi hotspots available in cities around the world. Using them has its do’s and don’ts, as you have to seriously think about public WiFi security.
While you’re connected, your smartphone syncs a lot of sensitive info via dedicated apps, such as:
- your social media accounts,
- email accounts,
- bank accounts.
You don’t want this private data to fall in the wrong hands.
You don’t have to avoid connecting to public WiFi hotspots, unless you carry classified information. How to stay safe on public WiFi networks? Simple – always using a VPN will keep you safe on public WiFi networks.
Why You Should Care about How to Stay Safe on Public WiFi Networks
Businesses and public places offer free WiFi to attract customers and to provide a public service. However, the businesses that offer public WiFi are not IT or cybersecurity professionals. So, public WiFi security is not the focus. These free WiFi hotspots often do not have standard security practices such as:
- Securing the WiFi access. Requiring a password to connect to the WiFi hotspot or a login registration before going online increases security.
- Having up-to-date firmware on routers and other networking equipment
- Having security compliant (or at least harder to guess) admin usernames and passwords
- Doing periodic routine checks to see if the networks have been compromised
Public WiFi networks are attractive targets for hackers. They are usually easy to compromise. Plus, so many different people use them that they never run out of new targets.
Unfortunately, public WiFi networks aren’t just convenient for you. They are also convenient for cyber criminals. They can snoop in on the traffic and get all your social media accounts, credit card numbers, email passwords, etc.
You might also be interested in...
Stay Safe on Public WiFi Networks: Use a VPN to Encrypt Traffic
The real world answer to how to stay safe on public WiFi networks is to use a VPN. When you are traveling to work or on vacation, it is almost impossible to avoid using a public WiFi network. They are part of the essential infrastructure.
But not everything is peachy with VPNs. You have to know how to choose the right VPN for public WiFi. One of the issues of standard VPNs is they slow down your web browsing. They can make the Internet almost unusable because of the way they’re built.
Some VPN services lack so-called “kill switches” and remain inactive after your Internet connection drops and resumes. This can happen while roaming between hotspots, for example, or when connecting to a bad WiFi hotspot.
Speedify – Your Perfect VPN Solution for Staying Safe on Public WiFi Networks
How Does Speedify Work?
Speedify makes your internet secure, stable, and fast with the magic of Channel Bonding--but how?
- First, Speedify establishes a connection to one of our Speed Servers in the Cloud. This acts as a middleman between you and the rest of the internet, keeping your web activity private and secure.
- Next, the app works with the Speed Server to intelligently spread network packets among all your available internet connections.
- And presto! Speedify is able to provide the combined speed and stability of all your internet connections—unlike any other VPN on the market.
Speedify is different among VPNs. It solves both security and slow speed concerns. By using channel bonding technology, Speedify can combine all available Internet connections simultaneously.
You will be protected from compromised WiFi networks. Speedify also keeps your data safe from the prying eyes of hackers, ISPs, and even the hosts of the network. With Speedify you are ready to browse the Internet securely, without having to sacrifice speed.
The next time you are away from home, stay safe by using Speedify fast bonding VPN on public WiFi networks. You will be able to enjoy using public networks for work or fun. And you won’t be putting your data at risk. Use Speedify as your VPN service to stay safe on public WiFi networks!