Coronavirus: Remote VPN – a Must Have Tool for Remote Work
With the unfortunate outbreak of th Coronavirus COVID-19 in the beginning of 2020, many people have started working from home. This was done to avoid potentially spreading the disease further. While some of you may appreciate the time spent at home, you also have to thing about the security of your communications. Think about it – you’re also accessing the business resources of your company. As this holds very sensitive data, you have to be sure that nobody can eavesdrop on your traffic. The easiest way to address this is using a remote VPN service. But there’s more to take into account than just security when working from home. You have to think about:
- Reliability: you have to always be online when needed – and I don’t mean while sleeping, but during work hours
- Speed: you need enough bandwidth to be able to jump on business calls with your team and partners.
Unless you’re a solo entrepreneur, you’re part of a team that shares data on Slack, Google Drive or Microsoft OneDrive. That can easily be hacked and fall into the wrong hands. It wouldn’t be cool at all if confidential information like your development log, financial situations or ongoing litigations would end up in your competitors’ SWOT, risk and competitive analysis. All of you need to be connected and experience uninterrupted Internet.
Keep reading to see how a remote VPN can get you all three attributes for your Internet connection at once: security, stability and speed.
What’s the Best Remote VPN? See What to Look at When Choosing
Given the 3 coordinates described above (security, reliability, speed), here are the steps you should take to get yourself the best remote VPN:
- Don’t use free VPN solutions! Although it sounds tempting, you’ll basically get what you’re paying for and “more” in the sense that you might have different companies “chasing” you online with advertisements. And that’s the best case scenario!
- Seek reliability – conventional VPN services have a major flaw with how they’re built, running all traffic through a single connection. But bonding VPNs like Speedify can use multiple Internet connections simultaneously – Wi-Fi AND mobile data on your phone, for example. So, even before your Wi-Fi connection drops, Speedify will route traffic through the mobile data connection, so you won’t skip a beat.
- More speed is better – any conventional VPN service adds overhead to the online traffic in order to encrypt it, so, your Internet will be slower when using traditional VPNs.
Search for fast encryption mechanisms with minimal impact on the speed. If combining multiple connections, you will actually get faster speeds for your bandwidth hungry VoIP video calls or online video streams.
- Be sure you and your team can use the remote VPN on all your devices – whether you’re working from your Mac, PC or Linux laptop or from your iPhone, iPad or Android smartphone, the VPN for remote work service you choose should support all these devices and, more than that, not charge you extra for additional devices.
Speedify and Speedify for Teams – the Perfect Remote VPN
As mentioned above, Speedify allows you to use all the Internet connections you have available at the same time. This gets you more stable and faster Internet. And because it’s all encrypted, your company data will be safe.
Additionally, Speedify for Teams provides some ways to further improve the performance, such as:
- Dedicated VPN servers – they provide speed, reliability, port forwarding, and static IP addresses. Users with dedicated VPN Servers will also experience more consistent speeds, as no one else is on your server.
- Teams dashboard to manage billing, add and remove users, monitor usage statistics and view performance analytics if you have a dedicated server.
- Management API – Speedify for Teams API is a REST application programming interface that uses HTTP requests and provides responses in a JSON format and using HTTP status codes. You can create and remove users from your team, and check how much users are actually using their accounts.
Use all of your connections at the same time
Multiple connections, maximum performance
Speedify can bond any combination of 2 or more Internet connections and will intelligently distribute your online traffic between them for optimal performance.
In the majority of cases, Speedify will automatically detect and start using any Internet connections available to your device - but if you need help we have quick start guides available for most common set ups.
I want to combine...
Use Speedify as Your Remote VPN for Maximum Productivity
Speedify is better than any VPN, be it only for you or for your whole team. It gets you the best secure Internet connection whether you’re at home, commuting or traveling abroad. It’s not only a fully featured VPN, but it’s also a channel bonding solution. Translated, this means that you get both a safer and better Internet. No sacrificing one for the other.