Reserve an IP Address and Server with Your VPN Service
A VPN is a must-have for anybody connecting to the Internet today. From online hackers to ISPs and governments spying on people, it’s a good idea to keep your online activities private to snoops. The problem appears when lots of people use a certain VPN server. It may get blocked or restricted for some content, such as social media or video streaming services.
Whether you’re accessing private business data, gaming online or streaming live, you need at least a VPN dedicated IP. This will get you security and online privacy without having to worry what other users of the same VPN server are doing. This includes getting banned from online games, having to authenticate with CAPTCHA every time, etc.
Also need fast VPN speeds (bandwidth) and a stable connection to the Internet? Take it up a notch and get a dedicated VPN server.
See below what the difference is between a dedicated IP VPN and a dedicated VPN server.
What Is a VPN Dedicated IP?
In this article, when talking about IP addresses, we’ll refer to the public / external IP address. This is the one that the world sees as your Internet connection.
When you’re using a VPN, your computer or smartphone connects through a secure tunnel to a remote server. That server has a unique IP address which communicates with the Internet. So, all the people that connect through that same secure VPN server will be “seen” by the Internet as having the same IP address. This is how most of the VPN users connect to the Internet.
There are cases when it’s best to have your own unique IP address that nobody else uses. And that’s when the dedicated IP comes into place. When you opt for a dedicated IP address from your VPN provider, you will get your own IP which nobody else will use.
When Do I Need a Dedicated IP from My VPN?
You need a dedicated IP VPN anytime you want to appear in the same place on the Internet. Most VPNs use their public servers to rent out dedicated IP addresses along with the default “public” one.
The advantages of using a dedicated IP VPN include:
- Avoiding blacklists of any sort – bans in online games, specific websites and other services;
- Eliminating content restrictions – it’s easier to get past these if it’s only you using a VPN dedicated IP address versus thousands of users;
- Easier authentication for websites and services – as many people connect through the same IP address, you’ll always get CAPTCHA type anti-fraud, which takes time;
- Hassle-free online banking to avoid VPN restrictions when it comes to online payments and accessing your online banking service.
- Port forwarding – very useful when trying to access your home device through a secure connection from the Internet.
You might also be interested in...
Introducing EdgeWise Connect
EdgeWise Connect is a streamlined VPN that swoops in whenever necessary to seamlessly switch you between Wi-Fi and Cellular preventing slow or non-working hotspots from interrupting your online activities.
Dedicated IP VPN vs. Dedicated VPN Server
VPN dedicated IP addresses are assigned on the same public servers that everybody is using. This means that if you get a VPN dedicated IP, you will basically be connecting to the same server that others connect, but get a different IP address, unique to you. This can be enough for some users.
A dedicated VPN server is a separate VM (virtual machine) rented at a hosting provider. The exact specs can vary by location, but you will be using a server with its own allotment of CPU (multiple cores), memory, and network bandwidth. This means that you will be getting all the benefits of a VPN dedicated IP address, plus guaranteed bandwidth and processing power available just to you. This is very helpful if you’re doing live streaming, online gaming, day trading or streaming a lot of video content to your devices.
When Should I Get a Dedicated VPN Server?
Along with the advantages of a dedicated IP VPN in the section above, you should definitely get your own dedicated VPN server if you are:
- Connecting securely to your private business network – network admins can allow access only to specific IP addresses from trusted providers;
- Connecting securely from the Internet to your local server for content or web services;
- Online gaming – get a closer dedicated IP VPN server to the gaming servers to minimize peering latency. Also avoid to compete with other users on the same VPN server for its resources, bandwidth and latency. Plus – avoid IP bans on certain games “thanks” to fellow users of the public VPN server.
- Live streaming – closer connection to platform ingest servers to minimize latency and take advantage of the full available bandwidth.
- Unblocking content – it’s easier to go past video streaming services and other content type restrictions. It’s only you using a VPN dedicated IP address versus thousands connecting through the same public VPN server IP address. Plus – by having the bandwidth all to yourself, you won’t get any buffering or disconnects while streaming your favorite show.
Why Speedify is the Best VPN for Your Dedicated Server
How to Get a Dedicated VPN Server with Speedify
Ready to benefit from the channel bonding technology? Get the best bang for your buck when getting a dedicated VPN server from Speedify. Combine 2 or more connections together on your computer or smartphone easily and maximize the bandwidth you get from your secure connection.
Here’s what you have to do to get a dedicated VPN server with Speedify:
- Go to the Speedify Store page on our website.
- Select the “Team” account type and let us know how many users you need. Each can use Speedify simultaneously on up to 5 devices.
- Choose a billing cycle – we recommend the Yearly Plan, as you will be saving more than 50% when compared to the Monthly Plan
- Select the Dedicated Server option.
- Finish the payment for the Subscription Plan.
- A member of our team will be in touch with you to confirm the details of the dedicated server – where that should be, which provider, etc.
If you already have a Teams Account with Speedify, login to your Teams Dashboard and click “Add a Dedicated Server” from the Servers page.
Ready to upgrade your Internet connection with a dedicated VPN server? Use Speedify and get the best for your money in terms of security, reliability and speed!