[SOLVED] Problem: iPhone Keeps Disconnecting from Wi-Fi
Does your iPhone keep disconnecting from Wi-Fi? Do you get slow, unreliable Internet connectivity even though you are connected to a Wi-Fi network? Many iPhone users are facing this frustrating issue, unfortunately.
And it's not like your iPhone is disconnecting from Wi-Fi when you're moving around by foot or in a train or bus. Often times they do that while you're just staying in the same spot. So why does your iPhone not stay connected to your Wi-Fi? This article will share a proven way on how you can avoid it in order to be able to enjoy streaming music, video and online gaming without a glitch.
Don't have a STREAMERGENCY - get Speedify!Streamergency n. The stressful situation when one's video call breaks down or cuts out unexpectedly
Don't have a STREAMERGENCY - get Speedify!Streamergency - n. The stressful situation when one's video call breaks down or cuts out unexpectedly
Waiting for tweet, share, or follow...
Why Does My iPhone Keep Disconnecting from Wi-Fi?
There isn't a single cause for this. Whether it's an older iPhone or the latest iPhone 12 Pro, they are sometimes prone to dropping the Wi-Fi connection and, hence, you going offline. Here are the main causes:
- a software-related issue within iOS - settings, connectivity glitches, etc.
- a problem with the router / Wi-Fi hotspot
- network infrastructure issues with the ISP
Whatever the case, there are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot this disconnect problem - see below.
Troubleshooting an iPhone That Keeps Disconnecting from Wi-Fi
Here is what you can try to solve your iPhone Wi-Fi connectivity issues on your iPhone:
- Make sure you're within range of the Wi-Fi network you're connecting to. If you take even a few steps in one direction, that could affect the wireless signal strength to the extent of dropping the connection altogether. You might consider getting some Wi-Fi repeaters or using your PC as a repeater.
- Try to connect to another public Wi-Fi network. Sometimes your iPhone stumbles upon those sticky Wi-Fi networks that don't work. You need to keep away from those.
- Turn Wi-Fi off and back on on your iPhone.
- Forget the Wi-Fi network and reconnect to it. Your iPhone saves info about how to join a Wi-Fi network as well, when you connect to it initially. When this changes, issues such as iPhone disconnecting may appear.
- Restart your iPhone and the Wi-Fi router. If you're connecting to a public Wi-Fi hotspot, then... see if you can get the owners to restart it.
- Reset network settings on your iPhone. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you’ve used before.
But let's step back a little - what is the purpose of you wanting to avoid the situation where your iPhone disconnects from Wi-Fi? Continuous connectivity, of course - not getting your streaming video or audio interrupted. This happens when your iPhone switches from Wi-Fi to cellular and then back, when Wi-Fi's connected again. In order to avoid that, you need a solution that can use both your Wi-Fi and cellular connections at the same time - a channel bonding service. You need Speedify.
Use all of your connections at the same time
Multiple connections, maximum performance
Speedify can bond any combination of 2 or more Internet connections and will intelligently distribute your online traffic between them for optimal performance.
In the majority of cases, Speedify will automatically detect and start using any Internet connections available to your device - but if you need help we have quick start guides available for most common set ups.
I want to combine...
Speedify Keeps Your iPhone Connected to the Internet Even When It Disconnects from Wi-Fi
Speedify is a fast bonding VPN that gets you a fast, stable and secure Internet connection on your iPhone. It achieves this with channel bonding technology that uses your iPhone’s Wi-Fi and mobile data connections at the same time.
What you get is increased bandwidth, which allows all of your apps to run faster. Speedify runs in the background of your iPhone proactively monitoring the quality of your connections. It is equipped with auto failover so if your iPhone keeps disconnecting from Wi-Fi, it routes all the data through the cellular connection until the Wi-Fi connection is restored. All of this activity is automated. You don’t have to do anything, and you most likely won’t even notice anything different is happening.
As a VPN, Speedify provides advanced encryption, without forcing you to sacrifice speed or reliability. Speedify works on all iOS and iPadOS devices starting with iOS 12 and later. This includes iPhones 5S, 6 and later, as well as iPads of 5th generation and newer. Please check the updated system requirements on the download page.
Speedify is also available in the App Store. It only takes a few minutes to setup and requires no advanced technical skills or knowledge to use.
When you're looking for a solution to your iPhone disconnect issues, try Speedify! You'll be one of the millions of users worldwide satisfied with this service.