What Are Hybrid Access Networks?
Internet is better when it’s faster and more reliable. That’s why the big thing now are hybrid access networks. The term refers to a special architecture for broadband access networks. Two different network technologies are combined to improve bandwidth. These technologies include WiFi, 4G / LTE, xDSL, etc.
Typical deployment scenarios include hybrid CPE routers and hybrid aggregation gateways with load balancing functionality. The major downside of these typical solutions are cost effectiveness and flexibility. You’re paying for a hardware device that gets old and outdated with time. Plus – you can’t really benefit of hybrid access networks anywhere. You are not able to carry your hybrid router and gateway.
See below how Speedify channel bonding software delivers fast and reliable Internet. This is done right on your computer or smartphone, without any dedicated hybrid access hardware.
Speedify Enables Hybrid Access Networks Solution Directly on Client Devices
As markets, customers, and smartphones continue to multiply, Network Operators and MVNOs are facing critical bandwidth issues. With soaring costs and overloaded cellular networks, carriers have been working for years to develop hybrid access networks technologies. These would enable to offload the increased traffic to broadband or DSL. And also leverage existing investments in infrastructure to no avail.
When implementing hybrid access networks, the following client-side issues must be taken into account:
- iOS and Android devices are unable to tell when a hotspot is “dead” or not functioning properly
- Manually switching between networks is time consuming and cumbersome
- Consumers end up with interrupted internet access during network changeovers
- Consumer concern about hotspot security
Speedify addresses all of these with seamless channel bonding technology.
You might also be interested in...
The Speedify SDK is an All-in-One Hybrid Access Networks Solution
For network carriers and MVNOs, the benefits of Hybrid Access through the Speedify SDK are twofold. Moving more traffic off of LTE and onto Wi-Fi results in:
- bigger savings
- a better internet experience for customers.
The Speedify SDK is a complete solution to channel bonding and Hybrid Access on mobile devices and laptop/desktop computers. It can be built into existing iOS, Android, Windows, and MacOS software. It runs in the background monitoring and improving network performance for all the apps on the device. The Speedify SDK is cost aware and uses policy based routing. This means that it can be configured for increased speed or reduced cellular usage. Optional VPN encryption means that Speedify can also keep users secure across public Wi-Fi networks.
Currently, when a consumer connects to a dead hotspot, the device does not automatically fall back to using LTE. Instead, the consumer is stranded without any internet connection. This creates a poor user experience and discourages future use of hotspots. The Speedify SDK eliminates this problem.
How Does Speedify Work?
Speedify makes your internet secure, stable, and fast with the magic of Channel Bonding--but how?
- First, Speedify establishes a connection to one of our Speed Servers in the Cloud. This acts as a middleman between you and the rest of the internet, keeping your web activity private and secure.
- Next, the app works with the Speed Server to intelligently spread network packets among all your available internet connections.
- And presto! Speedify is able to provide the combined speed and stability of all your internet connections—unlike any other VPN on the market.
Learn How Speedify Enables Hybrid Access Networks for Your Business
Contact us today to schedule a demo or learn more about our enterprise offerings.