How to Fix the Internet when Stuck on a Bad Hotspot
Whether you’re a client of Xfinity, Time Warner Cable, Optimum or other Internet provider, one of the benefits is that with most of them you can benefit from a local or even national network of free public WiFi hotspots.
The trouble is that some of these public WiFi hotspots are painfully slow or non-operational. Your device connects to them, but you’re basically stuck on a dead hotspot with no Internet. You can best see that when walking down the street, streaming your favorite music with Spotify and suddenly it disconnects. Guess what – your phone just automatically connected to a bad WiFi hotspot.
There’s a simple way to deal with being stuck on a bad hotspot once and for all – by running Speedify on your computer, smartphone or tablet.
Where Do Bad WiFi Hotspots Come From?
There are a few main reasons why you might get stuck on a dead hotspot:
- Sometimes it’s the location where WiFi hotspots are placed – this can result in spotty signal strength or even dead zones – “zombie” hotspots. That’s why you may see you’re connected to the WiFi network, but the Internet doesn’t work.
- If you are on the move (on the street, bus, etc.) you could also run into problems when moving between different hotspots. Your smartphone will navigate between available public WiFi networks and chances are you will be stuck on a bad hotspot every now and then.
- Or, it’s as simple as this: by default, smartphones are bad at detecting poor WiFi networks, and they default to WiFi instead of LTE, when it’s available. Connecting to a bad WiFi hotspot is often the same as having no Internet at all.
How Speedify Helps You to Avoid Being Stuck on a Bad Hotspot
Here’s an idea: what if you would be able to use all available connections on your computer or smartphone so that if WiFi doesn’t work, you’d still have Internet from cellular data or a wired connection?
By being able to use multiple Internet connections at the same time with Speedify, your iPhone, iPad, Android smartphone or laptop will avoid being stuck on a dead hotspot. Plus, if your device connects to a WiFi network with no Internet functionality, by using the other connection, Speedify will keep you online. So, your Spotify will not stop, your Skype business call will not jitter and your video stream will still be online.
Apart from fixing situations where you get stuck on bad hotspots, Speedify is also a fast bonding mobile VPN. When you use Speedify to optimize your WiFi hotspot Internet, you are also getting fast, reliable, and secure data encryption. Speedify protects you against fake routers, snooping ISPs, and other cyber threats without sacrificing the speed you demand out of your Internet connections. And that’s very important to keep your data safe and avoid data throttling.
Three Steps to Get Fast and Stable Internet when Stuck on a Bad Hotspot
Unfortunately, the many situations where people get stuck on dead hotspots leads most of them either telling their phones to “Forget” certain WiFi networks so it won’t connect, or actually turning off their phone’s WiFi to get off the broken hotspot. But once they do this, their phone won’t join other working WiFi hotspots either, wasting valuable 4G data.
Speedify’s patent-pending channel bonding technology allows using two or more Internet connections, so that you’ll get a fast and stable Internet connection.
Here are 3 steps to fix issues when stuck on a bad hotspot:
- Get Speedify on your device.
- Leave all your Internet connections active. For iPhones and Android smartphones – enable both WiFi and mobile data. Don’t worry – you can set data caps from within the Speedify app, so you won’t exceed it and pay extra. For laptops – you may have an additional 4G/LTE dongle or integrated card – activate that connection as well.
- Enjoy faster, more reliable Internet. Speedify will automatically detect any new active Internet connections and toss them into the mix to create a faster and dependable Internet connection. Its smart algorithms can detect if you connect to a bad WiFi hotspot and fix it so that you’ll always be connected.
If you are regularly getting stuck on bad hotspots, get started with Speedify today – no strings attached, no email sign-up necessary, no logging of data!
Speedify is the only app that combines your wifi, cellular, wired, and even your friend’s phone signals – into one ultra-fast and super secure link that keeps you all connected for the best possible live streaming, video calling, or just posting to your favorite app.
Subscribe to Speedify on YouTube
Get news, success stories, and our weekly livestreaming show Speedify LIVE! Tune in to chat and ask questions or to yell at us if that makes you happy. We're from Philly, we can take it.