Advantages of a Link Aggregation Router
If you’re a die-hard gamer or a torrent user, you might have heard about link aggregation routers. They combine several wired connections to offer one single connection with better speeds.
With this device, you can get a connection with 1-10 Gbps speed, depending on the networks you plug into it. It combines multiple Ethernet lines to bond their bandwidths.
Link aggregation has several benefits. It increases bandwidth as well as fault tolerance. With built-in failover protection, you can continue working smoothly, even if a connection goes down.
While there are several advantages of link aggregation, there are also some limitations when it comes to using dedicated hardware. A link aggregation router is an added cost and you need the expertise to set it up.
Also, since it is wired hardware that connects to Ethernet cables, it is not portable and cannot be carried to different places. All you can do is install it at your location and use it within the range of the router.
So if you’re on the move and aren’t getting stable internet, a link aggregation router won’t be able to help you out. A better alternative is using software link aggregation both for such cases and in general. Read below to see how they compare.
Software Link Aggregation – Better than a Link Aggregation Router
When you’re traveling, you need fast and steady internet, which is not easy to find. Since you cannot use your link aggregation router wherever you go, you need to rely on software tools to combine wireless networks on your device.
You’ll find a number of link aggregation solutions but they aren’t smart. They take a number of networks and blindly split the traffic onto each network in a round robin fashion.
If you want to prioritize the use of one network over others, you need an intelligent software link aggregation solution. For example, you might want to combine Wi-Fi with your mobile data, but mainly use the Wi-Fi to save on cellular.
A smart software link aggregation solution combines several networks in the way you want and offers automatic failover protection. So, even if one network goes down, you can still be able to use the internet.
Speedify Is Smarter than a Link Aggregation Router
Speedify is a software link aggregation app that performs several functions. It doesn’t just combine multiple networks but it uses the networks in an intelligent way too.
For example, on your smartphone, if you’re using Wi-Fi and the connection becomes bad, it will automatically shift your traffic to your mobile data. And once you get the signal back, your data is again routed through it instead of the mobile connection.
Speedify works even when there’s just one connection. It automatically detects packet loss and resends the required packets before the loss is noticed by any app.
Wireless connections are more prone to packet loss. If your connection drops even 1% of packets while transmitting, you will notice a considerable increase in speeds using Speedify.
Apart from these functions, Speedify also acts as a VPN, which means it protects your online privacy. It also protects you from hackers and snoopers and removes geo-blocks.
How Speedify Is a Better Alternative to Link Aggregation Routers
We’ll give you not one but many reasons:
- Easy to use – it offers easy link aggregation that is done with an app directly on your computer or mobile device.
- Lower costs – there’s no need to buy special hardware.
- More flexibility – you won’t be limited to 2 Ethernet connections or even to a power cable for the link aggregation router.
- Intelligent bonding – it manages networks automatically instead of blindly directing traffic to all channels. It also supports rules.
- Gets you better internet with only one connection by minimizing packet loss.
- Protects your online privacy – it is also a VPN that secures you from hackers and other malicious online entities.
- Unblocks restricted content by bypassing geo-blocks.
- Available on multiple platforms – Speedify is available on Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android. It is super simple to use. Just open the app and add the networks that you want to link. Now click on the toggle button and you’ll experience faster, steadier, and safer internet.
Speedify makes link aggregation more cost effective by cutting the hardware costs and offering multiple services at the cost of one.
Why stop at two networks? We combined 10 internet connections using Speedify! Better than a link aggregation router!