How to Fix League of Legends (LOL) Lag the Easy Way
Released by Riot Games back in 2009, League of Legends (LoL) continues to be one of the most popular online multiplayer games out there today. Over 27 Million online players connect to LoL servers on PC and Mac. In terms of popularity, League of Legends is out there together with PUBG and Fortnite.
When it comes to playing LoL, a poor internet connection can lead to devastating lagging issues. This reflects in game as not being able to act within those milliseconds of lag. Many players report ping spikes that randomly occur. Whatever the case, there is a quick and easy solution to fix the League of Legends lag issue. See below!
Why You Get League of Legends Ping Spikes
LoL users all over the internet are complaining about about ping spikes and poor gameplay – low FPS. So why do you get lag in League of Legends?
In cloud-based games, lag is often caused by an unreliable internet connection. Although lag in LoL can also be a result of system requirements, like insufficient RAM or a sub-par graphics card, we will focus on solving network-based lagging problems today.
Factors that Cause League of Legends Lagging
When you play an online game like League of Legends, information is passed between your device (e.g. a smartphone or a computer) and the game servers. This information is sent in small bundles of data called packets. Unfortunately, sometimes packets are lost along the way, which slows down your connection. In severe cases of packet loss, you may find that you become disconnected from gameplay entirely!
There are some solutions that people talk about when League of Legends gets laggy:
- switch to an Ethernet connection – only available to PC and Xbox users. This should reduce the packet loss and provide a more stable link between your device and game servers
- keep your devices updated. You should definitely update your computer and Android / iOS phones, as well as your Xbox console. Updated drivers and firmwares can make a great different to your LoL experience.
- change League of Legends game settings – the compromise solution. Play around with graphic settings – FPS, shadows, etc.
However, we recommend using Speedify, to benefit from a full, compromise-free experience of League of Legends!
How Does Speedify Work?
Speedify makes your internet secure, stable, and fast with the magic of Channel Bonding--but how?
- First, Speedify establishes a connection to one of our Speed Servers in the Cloud. This acts as a middleman between you and the rest of the internet, keeping your web activity private and secure.
- Next, the app works with the Speed Server to intelligently spread network packets among all your available internet connections.
- And presto! Speedify is able to provide the combined speed and stability of all your internet connections—unlike any other VPN on the market.
Want to Get Rid of League of Legends Lag? Use Speedify to Reduce Packet Loss
While you are running LoL on your computer, Speedify solves the problem of slow, unreliable internet. You can fix League of Legends lagging once and for all! How? By unleashing the full capabilities of your device!
By default, computers only connect to the internet through one connection at a time. You are either connected through Wi-Fi, through cellular signal, or through Ethernet. Speedify allows your device to connect to the internet using multiple internet connections simultaneously. It increases the bandwidth you have available, which can help fix LoL lag.
If you’re playing League of Legends on your computer, you can combine your home network Internet with a public WiFi or a 4G / LTE dongle. You can also use Speedify on your phone, allowing you to use both WiFi and cellular data. Don’t worry about going over your data caps – you can set limits so that never happens.
Unblock League of Legends on School Network
Speedify is a bonding VPN – this means that it encrypts all traffic from your device. So you should be able to play LoL without any issues from your school network, workplace or other restricted networks.
Speedify also has auto failover. When it detects a signal is weak or spotty it reroutes all the data through the working connection(s). This gives you a smooth, uninterrupted connection without any network lag detected. Once the other connection is available again, Speedify automatically tosses it back into the mix.
If you want to level-up your game and fix League of Legends lag, download Speedify and enjoy a faster, smoother uninterrupted experience.