Download, Surf, Play Games and Stream with Confidence in Rural Areas
Internet in rural areas is very different than in the city. It very much varies from region to region, but there are a few common coordinates:
- penetration of broadband Internet services is limited;
- choice of Internet service providers is scarce;
- connectivity infrastructure is old or even non existent.
Many users in rural areas are complaining about low speeds. A recent article showed that rural Internet speeds in Pennsylvania are slower than previously thought. Outside of parts of Pittsburgh, Harrisburg and Philadelphia, the rest of the state is under the 25 Mbps FCC minimum for broadband download speed. Some parts struggle with 0-3 Mbps speeds.
So – how can you get faster Internet in rural areas? Simple – use Speedify fast bonding VPN to combine 2 or more connections.
How to Get Fast Internet in Rural Areas: Why Aren’t ISPs Investing in Infrastructure
Broadband infrastructure has costs associated to it which Internet service providers are not yet willing to spend. Broadband lobby groups are arguing that Internet service is similar to utilities such as electricity, gas distribution, roads, and water and sewer networks. So, the government should give ISPs more money.
According to the latest FCC Broadband Deployment Report, in rural areas:
- 68.6% of Americans have access to both fixed terrestrial services at 25 Mbps/3 Mbps and mobile LTE at speeds of 5 Mbps/1 Mbps
- approximately 14 million rural Americans still lack mobile LTE broadband at speeds of 10 Mbps/3 Mbps
The most frequent services available for Internet in rural areas are satellite and/or DSL. Each of them has their pros and cons. Bottom line – if you want to be able to download, surf, play online games or stream without buffering in rural areas, get 2 or more connections. And combine them at once using Speedify fast bonding VPN!
How to Get Fast Internet in Rural Areas with Speedify
Speedify is a fast bonding VPN that uses channel bonding technology to combine 2 or more Internet connections at once. This delivers more bandwidth, increased connection reliability and protects your private data.
In order to get faster Internet in rural areas, you should have at least two Internet connections available. These can be from the same ISP or different ones:
Basically, any combination of Internet connections will work – see below how we combined 10 connections at once.
How Does Speedify Work?
Speedify makes your internet secure, stable, and fast with the magic of Channel Bonding--but how?
- First, Speedify establishes a connection to one of our Speed Servers in the Cloud. This acts as a middleman between you and the rest of the internet, keeping your web activity private and secure.
- Next, the app works with the Speed Server to intelligently spread network packets among all your available internet connections.
- And presto! Speedify is able to provide the combined speed and stability of all your internet connections—unlike any other VPN on the market.
5 Steps to Get Fast Internet in Rural Areas
Living in a rural area with slow Internet? Here’s what you have to do:
- Make sure you have at least 2 Internet connections available to connect to.
- Get Speedify on your computer or mobile device. It’s available for Windows, macOS, Android and iOS.
- Connect your device to all available connections. Enable WiFi and cellular on your mobile device. Connect your computer to WiFi, wired Ethernet, and other connections via external USB adapters.
- Start Speedify and let it connect to the fastest server. It will automatically recognize all active Internet connections and bond them together at once.
- Enjoy fast Internet in your rural area! Depending on the bandwidth you get, you can download, surf, play online games and stream videos online.
Check out our knowledge base for detailed articles on how to combine various Internet connections using Speedify.