Solved: How to Unblock Streaming on Any Website from Anywhere
We like to think of the Internet as the “world wide web”, a place without restrictions on information. Unfortunately it’s not like that – many apps and websites have areas that are restricted for users located in certain areas.
Most of these restricted content is for social media platforms (Facebook, WhatsApp, etc.) and streaming videos and music. Read below to see how to unblock streaming media and access region-restricted content anytime, anywhere.
Why Can’t I Watch This Streaming Media? How Do Region Restrictions Work?
You probably stumbled upon this problem when trying to watch a streaming service from abroad or if you see it as unavailable in your area (e.g. YouTube). When you unblock streaming, this means that you’ll be able to watch it from anywhere, anytime.
Region restrictions typically work by determining your physical location based upon your IP address or DNS. The restrictions are usually put in place by the developers of different apps and websites. Once your physical location is determined, a filter is applied to the content you can access. Companies such as YouTube, Netflix, and Hulu use region restrictions.
While region restrictions are usually based on the country you are in, sometimes content is restricted inside of the same country. For example, many sports games may not be accessible to you in certain regions of the United States and Canada.
Also, some countries choose to restrict the access of their users to a certain service (usually social media platforms) – Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Telegram, etc.
Unblock Streaming – Why Put In Region Restrictions?
The main reason for restricting streaming video and music platforms is licensing issues. Take Netflix, for example: they have TV series and movies available across multiple countries around the world. They have to pay the media companies distribution rights for each country – that’s why often times you don’t have the same content available in different countries.
Other reasons for restricting content are
- compliance with local laws – local governments may consider certain content as inappropriate
- protecting marketing partners – some types of movies, TV shows or sports events are only licensed to be shown in certain countries or regions by specific providers
How Speedify Fast Bonding VPN Unblocks Streaming Media
Speedify is a next generation mobile VPN that masks your real IP address and DNS. It assigns you a brand new local IP address in the region you choose, thus making you a local. And – best of all – unlike other VPNs, Speedify does this without slowing down your Internet connection by combining 2 or more Internet connections at the same time into one super pipe.
Not only that, but by using 2 or more connections, you won’t get any buffering on your streaming video or music, or experience the dreaded disconnects. If you connect to a dead WiFi hotspot, for example, Speedify’s smart Internet failover protection will route traffic to the other connections – wired, cellular data – until you get back on a working WiFi.
Four Steps to Unblock Streaming with Speedify Bonding VPN
Here’s how you can easily unblock streaming video and music anytime from anywhere with the help of Speedify:
- Get Speedify on the device you wish to watch your favorite streaming content – it’s available for computers and mobile devices running Windows, macOS, Android and iOS.
- Run Speedify and connect to a server in the country where the content you’re trying to watch is unrestricted – for example, a US server for Hulu, a UK server for BBC, etc.
- For best streaming quality, if available, you can connect to a second Internet connection while running Speedify – e.g. WiFi and cellular data, wired Ethernet and WiFi, two WiFi networks, etc.
- Watch your favorite unblocked streaming content online.
Don’t let anyone stop you from enjoying your streaming videos and music from anywhere in the world. Speedify lets you unblock streaming media and experience the Internet your way.