My Internet Keep Dropping – How to Solve This
On home or public networks, your Internet connection might drop unexpectedly for no obvious reason. An Internet that keeps dropping can be especially frustrating, whether it happens on your smartphone, tablet or computer.
If it helps, you’re not the only one whose Internet keeps dropping. This is annoying simply due to the fact that you lose Internet connectivity. Your Spotify playlist stops playing, YouTube videos freeze – in fact, any kind of streaming or online gaming will be down.
Read below how you can easily fix an Internet connection that keeps dropping without wasting time to contact your ISP or restarting all your devices.
Reasons Why Internet Keeps Dropping
If you encounter Internet drops, there are multiple reasons why this can happen. Here are just to name the obvious ones:
- Issue with the ISP’s infrastructure.
- You are connected to a bad Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Defective cable from your modem / router to your computer.
- Wi-Fi hotspot strength is insufficient – you may be near the edge of the WiFi network.
- Wi-Fi network is overloaded – happens in crowded areas – on the street, stadiums, concerts, etc.
- Wireless interference with other Wi-Fi hotspots or devices nearby.
- Network adapter outdated drivers or modem / router outdated firmware
You might also be interested in...
Introducing EdgeWise Connect
EdgeWise Connect is a streamlined VPN that swoops in whenever necessary to seamlessly switch you between Wi-Fi and Cellular preventing slow or non-working hotspots from interrupting your online activities.
How to Fix Internet Connection Drops – May or May Not Work
Here are some potential fixes for your Internet keeps dropping connection issues:
- Move closer to the Wi-Fi router / hotspot. In case of suspected interference – move your router in a different place
- Update your network adapter drivers and modem / router firmware by checking the manufacturers’ websites.
- Power cycle (restart) your router, smartphone and computer.
- Check the cable that runs into your modem / router and the one that connects that to your computer.
- If on a public Wi-Fi network, connect to another one.
Ultimately, you can contact your ISP about the Internet drops – they might be having a temporary issue.
Tired of trying all sorts of things? Want the guaranteed solution to your Internet keeps dropping issues? Get Speedify!
Solve the Internet Keeps Dropping Problem with Speedify
The key to solving Internet connection drops is using an app that can allow your device to use all the available connections. That way, the overall Internet connectivity would not be affected.
Speedify is a fast bonding VPN that allows your device to use 2 or more connections at the same time. This includes one or multiple Wi-Fi, cellular or wired connections. Speedify works by constantly monitoring the quality of your Internet connections in the background.
The nice part is Speedify will also prioritize sending data over Wi-Fi and Ethernet to keep your metered connections (such as celluar data) at a minimum. If your Wi-Fi network drops, you stay connected with the mobile data for only as long as it takes to restore the Wi-Fi connection.
Solve Internet Drops with Channel Bonding, Not Load Balancing!
Speedify is not a load balancer – it uses channel bonding technology to provide a fast, stable and secure Internet connection. With Speedify, you are able to keep enjoying a solid connection while it automatically takes care of all of your connection issues. Unlike other so-called smart network switch apps, Speedify never switches you to an inferior Wi-Fi network.
Speedify is also a fast mobile VPN that uses advanced encryption to keep your data safe. But, it works differently than traditional VPN apps that slow down your Internet: Speedify uses multiple sockets to send date to and from the VPN server.
Internet keeps dropping? Use Speedify for uninterrupted connectivity, fast and secure Internet. Get Speedify now!