Why is the Internet Randomly Connecting and Disconnecting?
Whether it happens on your smartphone, tablet or computer, you’ve most probably stumbled upon this issue already: while online, Internet randomly disconnects and then it reconnects or you have to reconnect. The problem is that it continues to behave this way.
You're not the only one whose Internet randomly disconnects. This is annoying simply due to the fact that you lose Internet connectivity – your Spotify playlist stops playing, any kind of streaming will be down, you can’t play online games, etc. Luckily, there is a quick and easy way to avoid this, by using Speedify.
Read below how Speedify, the only app that can combine multiple internet sources into one bonded super-connection for more stable and secure live streaming, video calling, and web browsing, fixes your Internet connectivity issues once and for all. Forget about your Internet randomly disconnecting.
Common Causes Why Internet Randomly Connects and Disconnects
There are multiple reasons why your Internet connection randomly disconnects. When it comes to connecting to the Internet via WiFi, here are some common causes:
- WiFi hotspot strength is insufficient – you may be near the edge of the WiFi network.
- WiFi network is overloaded – happens in crowded areas – on the street, stadiums, concerts, etc.
- You have to sign in again to the network using a captive portal / login page.
- Wireless interference (channel overlap) with other WiFi hotspots or devices nearby.
- WiFi adapter outdated drivers or wireless router outdated firmware.
- ISP issues
Of course, for the above, we are assuming the WiFi hotspot works when you’re connected to it, and is not a bad WiFi hotspot with no Internet signal.
You may also encounter random Internet disconnects while connected via wired Ethernet. In this case, this usually happens due to connectivity issues with the ISP.
Internet Randomly Disconnects? Troubleshoot Your Issue
Here are some potential fixes for your random Internet disconnects issues:
- Reset your router, restart your smartphone / computer.
- Move closer to the WiFi router / hotspot.
- Get a WiFi analyzer app and see if there’s any WiFi interference. If so, move your router in a different place or set a fixed channel for your WiFi from your router admin interface.
- Update your WiFi adapter drivers and WiFi router firmware by checking the manufacturers’ websites.
- Contact your ISP and see if there are any connectivity issues in your area.
- If on a public WiFi network, connect to another one; that may very well just be a bad WiFi hotspot.
If you’re tired of trying all sorts of things and want the proven solution to fix Internet random disconnects, you can use Speedify! You will be able to use all the available Internet connections (WiFi, cellular, wired Ethernet, etc.) so that the overall Internet connectivity is not affected on any of your devices.
Speedify Easily Fixes your Internet Random Disconnects
Speedify is the only app that can combine multiple internet sources into one bonded super-connection for more stable and secure live streaming, video calling, and web browsing. This will help you avoid random Internet disconnects. Speedify is not a load balancer – it uses channel bonding technology to provide a fast, stable and secure Internet connection.
Speedify will also prioritize sending data over WiFi or Ethernet connections to keep your metered connections (such as cellular data) at a minimum. If something happens to your WiFi connectivity, you stay online with the mobile data for only as long as it takes to restore the WiFi connection.
Speedify is also a fast VPN that uses advanced encryption to keep your data safe. But, it works differently than traditional VPN apps that slow down your Internet: Speedify uses multiple sockets to send date to and from the VPN server.
Internet randomly disconnects? Use Speedify for uninterrupted connectivity, fast and secure Internet. Get Speedify now!
Browse, stream, watch, and play at the speed of all your Internet connections combined.
Speedify automatically prioritizes real-time streaming traffic such as video calls and VoIP calls, live streaming, and gaming.
Speedify uses the latest encryption standards to secure your data. Stay safe when browsing on any network including public Wi-Fi hotspots.
Use on all your devices
We have apps for all major platforms including Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, and Android.
Access the global internet
We have servers in more than 50 locations around the globe to mask your IP address and protect your browsing activities.
We don’t record, monitor, store, log, or share anything you do.